FUTURE DLC MAPS your ideas (TREYARCH PLZ READ)

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

FUTURE DLC MAPS your ideas (TREYARCH PLZ READ)

What would be a good map for future dlcs, post your ideas/map designs here

Small or big?

Open or Enclosed?

Location?

Interactive features?

You never know treyarch might actually read it and get some inspiration!!

Level 1
31 REPLIES

Re: FUTURE DLC MAPS your ideas (TREYARCH PLZ READ)

in reply to thezombieslaya1

MY IDEA:

A large open map set in the plains of Africa like the first mission on campaign

Will have a similar layout to Wasteland from MW2

Will have underground tunnels linking different parts of the map with operatable doors

Buildings vehicles etc for cover

Halfway through the match a tornado rolls through the map and you must avoid it or get sucked up!!

Level 1

thezombieslaya115 wrote:

What would be a good map for future dlcs, post your ideas/map designs here

Small or big? Yes

Open or Enclosed? Yes

Location? Earth

Interactive features? Yes

You never know treyarch might actually read it and get some inspiration!! No they won't

Level 29

in reply to gdexter

ha ha

Level 1

in reply to gdexter

"No they won't"

Well, I seem to remember a lot of people, during Black Ops life span, had made mention that they wanted a map on a boat. Now we have Highjacked. 

Level 12

Bigger maps with less clutter. Like the older maps. Big, detailed maps without all the head gliching cover the the current maps have.

I guess my favorite type is a large map that offers the option of CQC, it's not forced on you. Large maps like Array, Hazard, Sealow....stuff of that sort. Large open areas with cover and places to try and hold. Gives optioins for just about any type of weapon use.

Level 9

in reply to blarkw

I would really like an medium/lonmg range map, set in the insides of an destroyed city. There are parking lots full of cars, Destroyed buildings to go in (Like in the MW3 campaing mission SCORCHED EARTH), interactive TVs, so when you press X an atari game is shown in idle, (BONUS: There will be an destroyed Intellevision nearby, to show how atari used to destroy the competition), very few close range encouters, very few open areas, so those Lodestar spammers will have VERY little succes in this map, an empty pool area like in the ending of "ONE SHOT, ONE KILL" in COD4, so on and so forth.

I could try to make thi map in Minecraft if you guys wanted (TRY)

Level 3
Highlighted

I want an airport map with working luggage belt, elevators, escalators and moving walkways. I want it to be as big as Turbine and have three levels.

Imagine popping out and surprising your enemy while you sit crouched in a luggage conveyor belt.

Level 35

I'm not bothered about new game modes or zombies. I want varied well designed maps.

It's hard to nail down the formula for good level design, but I think designing maps is an artform  -  the maps on offer in BO2 range from pretty average, to total garbage in my opinion, and have been over thought almost, in an attempt to make them 'balanced' they have failed. They don't feel like real places, everything is too conveniently placed, or it feels like your hemmed in or on rails, also almost every vantage point has 3 or 4 direct routes to it, so if your playing an objective (and your team mates arn't - which 9 times out of 10, they aint) you havent got a hope in hell in defending anything.

The map design for CoD games dramatically fell apart after MW2, since then it's like nobody can get this formula down like the old IW crew did.

For me a map has got to play well and look the part. I played some CoD 4 a few nights back, and the maps felt like real places - even ths ones I didn't like seemed solid.

I dunno, maybe I'm just getting old...but the skate park map looks shit - not the kinda direction I was hoping the DLC would take.

Level 3

agreement

Level 3

Studios