Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: FIX THE SNIPERS

in reply to propipe

Yea, I would have voted for more like .2 of a second, not .02, that would be a lot more in-line with actual sniper rifles. Would like to see someone run across a field at top sprint then sling a 27-32lb, 5-6 ft. long sniper rifle from the carry position to being ready to fire in less than 2 full seconds (and that's if they have a fast and easy perch to quickly rest it on), much less .2 or .02 seconds. Sniper rifles are not SMG's or even AR's and should have never been able to be used as such. I thnk they should do the LMG's the same way, in reality an LMG is a big, bulky, heavy piece of equipment your not gonna be sprinting around the battlefield with doing fast shooting thru a target finder while sprinting. Most are made with folding stocks or a vehicle mount for a reason the same as the sniper rifles.

KirikaRyoko

in reply to KirikaRyoko

KirikaRyoko wrote:

Yea, I would have voted for more like .2 of a second, not .02, that would be a lot more in-line with actual sniper rifles. Would like to see someone run across a field at top sprint then sling a 27-32lb, 5-6 ft. long sniper rifle from the carry position to being ready to fire in less than 2 full seconds (and that's if they have a fast and easy perch to quickly rest it on), much less .2 or .02 seconds. Sniper rifles are not SMG's or even AR's and should have never been able to be used as such. I thnk they should do the LMG's the same way, in reality an LMG is a big, bulky, heavy piece of equipment your not gonna be sprinting around the battlefield with doing fast shooting thru a target finder while sprinting. Most are made with folding stocks or a vehicle mount for a reason the same as the sniper rifles.

I would like to see anyone do half the crap we constantly do in CoD

deamonomic

in reply to KirikaRyoko

condidering the game is not to be made that realistic why would they take all that time to in code the game to make the game seen more realistic by making the lmgs and sniper rifles to have to be perched on a  stand when you can save more time by running around and adsing to get a kill so you can just back off kid.

xx3volutionx

in reply to KirikaRyoko

KirikaRyoko wrote:

I thnk they should do the LMG's the same way, in reality an LMG is a big, bulky, heavy piece of equipment your not gonna be sprinting around the battlefield with doing fast shooting thru a target finder while sprinting. Most are made with folding stocks or a vehicle mount for a reason the same as the sniper rifles.

LMGs and sniper rifles vary by weight considerably.  The SVU-AS weighs around 6kg and the FN Ballista at around 7kg.  These two aren't that much heavier than some assault rifles with a stock attached, such as the FN FAL which weighs just under 6kg itself.  The heaviest of sniper rifles are usually the bolt action 50cal ones although the Remington MSR is around 8kg.  Good luck in wanting to put more realistic movement speeds on some weapons like anti-air rocket launchers.  The Javelin in MW3 is heavy in real life.  Not sure on the specific weight of LMGs but it would be nice to see some variety of those like in BO1 - 30 round clip, drum based then belt fed and you could make movement speeds judged on each of those sub-category.

SitRepPro

in reply to KirikaRyoko

You do understand that the poor mobility of the LMG's is the reason people are complaining about them right? And you want to make it worse? Make it worse and you won't see anyone moving with them, everyone who uses them will be prone in a corner with a target finder. Hard to use gun = cheap tactics. Make the gun more mobile, and people will be mobile with it. A target finder on a mobile weapon is a waste of an attachment. 9 times out of ten you shoot based on what you see when you are moving around.

hudder92

in reply to hudder92

Exactly.  I've seen people cite the popularity of Target Finder on LMGs as justification that the attachment is so powerful.  But how about looking at it the other way round?  Would LMGs be so widely used without it and if not why not?  Attachments are there to improve the gun's abilities in one form or another but then compare LMG usage in previous games and then look at the figures.  The thermal L86 in MW3 would own every LMG in this game at a canter and many people cite the Stopping Power RPD in MW2 as a better gun than that.  The only reason why not many people used the thermal L86 in MW3 is because it took an age to level it up and people loved their PP90M1, MP7 and ACRs too much so they don't even bother using other guns.  There's some weapon variety being utilised by players in BO2 and I'm glad to see it.  It makes scavenging a bit more fun and killcams not totally boring like in MW3.

SitRepPro

in reply to SueSlide

SueSlide wrote:

have fun losing probly 45-60%

You think that many people were affected by this patch? You think that many people were using the DSR as you were? Or that all AR users were exclusive to the AN?

And how do you go about getting this statistic, where did you find that range?

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

99% of all statistics are made up. There see how easy that was to do?

hudder92
Highlighted

in reply to SueSlide

Fix the way you play the game.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to SueSlide

They didnt do anything to hinder the snipers in this game.

Now they did hinder the Quickscopers in this game.

But Quickscopers are not snipers.

starbuckfrack Level 72

Studios