Every Copy of BO2 should come with a Free "Scuf" controller.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Every Copy of BO2 should come with a Free "Scuf" controller.

in reply to Arppis

Regardless of what the advantage is, even if it is the tiniest advantage it's still unfair.

it IS a big deal. We want the game to be fair and balanced. If you have but 1 small advantage more, no matter what It's not balanced at all. And especially if you can dropshot faster than usual... You won't  expect alot of people to go prone, and than when you're in your killstreak nearly getting swarm there comes this 1 guy that prones randomly and just keeps on spraying while going in prone messing up your killstreak because of this 1 'small' advantage.

Level 2

in reply to IAmJusticex3

Bahahaha this is such a funny topic.

It's fair.

I don't use one.

You say you want it to be fair?

Well ten they should only make 1 control scheme because tactical is infinitely better then default. Tactical lets you go probe instantly, no special controller needed . It gives you a huge advantage over a default player.

Honestly the main thing a scuf allows you to do that any of the default control schemes wouldn't allow is to jump without taking your thumbs off of the thumb sticks.

Get a grip guys they are way more helpful in halo..

Finally... The "paddles" on the back ARE NOT programable. When you buy it you have to pick which 2 buttons you want mapped and then it's stuck that way forever.

Level 12
Highlighted

in reply to Paddi

Paddi wrote:

My buddy bought one during X-mas. He said it was a scuf and was progremmable.

Your friend didn't tell you the truth. Scuffs are NOT programmable. They also don't have the sniper auto hold breath and aim mapped on the same button. I think your friend ordered an EVIL Controller and tried to pass it off as a Scuff.

Scuff is also tournament legal. It is allowed in MLG and Treyarch's Game Design Director, David Vondehaar, is known to be a Scuff user for a few years now.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Run_N_Gunning_Camper wrote:

Paddi wrote:

My buddy bought one during X-mas. He said it was a scuf and was progremmable.

Your friend didn't tell you the truth. Scuffs are NOT programmable. They also don't have the sniper auto hold breath and aim mapped on the same button. I think your friend ordered an EVIL Controller and tried to pass it off as a Scuff.

Scuff is also tournament legal. It is allowed in MLG and Treyarch's Game Design Director, David Vondehaar, is known to be a Scuff user for a few years now.

Agreed.

I own a Scuff controller myself and it doesn't have any of these mentioned above.

Level 51

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

yeah lets go make a whole thread on the forums based on what our friends told us..They are progamable when you order them... after that theyre set in stone.

But just because someone uses their a button, doesnt mean theyre using a scuf.  besides if it did  that doesnt mean it makes them better.

I have a scuf controller, it makes me play different.  not better.

Level 1

in reply to Paddi

To ban someone for using a "Scuf" controller is like banning people that use expensive headsets.  Just because they give you a slight advantage doesn't make them bannable.  If you use chipped controllers that give you superhuman traits then those could be bannable.

Level 47

in reply to Paddi

That sounds useful!

I might look into it. As some of the games have terrible control schemes (mostly those that map crouch to B, idiots...), and try to copy Call of Duty default scheme... Even Halo 4 did this. So I might like this controller.

Thanks!

Level 6

in reply to Arppis

Here are some tips if buying one. (Buddy bought one and have played with it extensively)

Don't get "the scuf grip" waste of money.

Really think about hat 2 buttons you want mapped and base that off of wht games you play.(most people just map "jump and knife")

The "adjustable triggers" don't work on all games they are designed for cod only. For example you won't be able to use a scuf on a racing game.

The dome thumb sucks feel weird.

Level 12

in reply to randomhero204

I agree with all u say, but the domed stick I like my right one domed because I feel I got better aim with it but my left stick is the normal Xbox stick easier to run around. But yes don't get the grips not worth it at all.

Level 1

in reply to FathertimeXX1

I didn't get the domed sticks because I have kontrol freaks, since I have big hands they help my accuracy.

Level 47

Studios