Every Copy of BO2 should come with a Free "Scuf" controller.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Every Copy of BO2 should come with a Free "Scuf" controller.

The amount of people using Scufs in league play is way to high.

Using a scuf controller, in my eyes... Falls along the same line as exploiting, because it gives you a massive advantage over players who do not have it.

For those of you who don't know what it is.  It's basically a controller that lets you not only remap every button on the controller, but also do things like "Auto Hold Breath on Sniper Zoom."

It also comes with 2 "Extra Triggers" which let you Jump and the other lets you go straight into Prone.

So, not only do you get your own custom layout, but you get 2 extra triggers upon a bunch of other features.

So, someone please explain to me exactly how these are legal.  When the basis of "Clean Play" online is to not allow anything that gives one player an advantage over the other.

Is the game really that bad, where people have to spend even more money on heavily modifies controlers to play the game?

Have we really gotten to a point where people can pay for extra features, and use those features against players who don't have the luxury of having those?

Level 9
28 REPLIES

Re: Every Copy of BO2 should come with a Free "Scuf" controller.

in reply to Paddi

I have no problem with people using scuf controllers.  They usually aren't good enough to really make a difference anyways.

Level 25
Highlighted

in reply to Paddi

Vonderhaar uses a Scuff.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

This doesn't suprise me at all.

Leave it to the Devs to be bad enough to need a Scuf.

Level 9

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Vonderhaar also sounds like an upgraded weapon in Zombies mode.

Level 3

in reply to Paddi

You must be confusing Scuf with another brand. You cannot remap the existing buttons and there is no sniper auto-breath hold available. Two paddles exist on the back which are preconfigured to an existing controller function (ie. A or B button) and can only be adjusted by re-soldering inside of the controller (hardware not software).

With a standard controller you already have the option of using the tactical button layout to achieve the same 'auto-prone' ability, so therefore you regain your knife ability, which is so unreliable in this game it's not worth using anyway.

The other modifications include adjustable trigger sensitivity (make all of 0.0000001ms of difference), trigger stops (screws in the end of the trigger - which could be done yourself in less than 2 minutes) which through extensive use I honestly can't see a difference in my semi-auto trigger rate, but I've actually noticed a decrease in ability to grip the controller as well as without them.

Rounded analog sticks can be purchased from eBay for less than $3 and installed in less than 2 minutes also, as well as the 'grip' paint they apply to the back of the controller for $15 from any hardware store and a free afternoon to coat several times and leave to dry.

I own a Scuf, and I'm glad I purchased it, but I don't use it anymore after the paint started to wear on the top shell and I preferred the feel of a stock controller.

I have absolutely no issues with people using them.

Level 3

in reply to mike_

I see your point mostly but not for the extra 2 buttons.

Indeed you can remap the buttons so that you can use the right analog to go prone however when pressing the right button go prone it is slightly harder to aim with it at the same time.

So when using a scuf you can use te back button to go prone while keeping the full ability to aim with your right analog stick.

This to me does not seem fair at all.

(I do know this for a fact since a friend of mine uses a scuf and I tried it)

Level 14

in reply to mike_

My buddy bought one during X-mas. He said it was a scuf and was progremmable.

That's besides the point.

So you think it's okay, that people with "Extra" money, can buy controllers that have extra buttons?  Regardless of exactly what the buttons do, it's not fair, on any playing field.

If Scufs are legal, yet give you a major advantage over players, then why is glitching bannable? or modding? Both give you an advantage over other players, neither of them are different.

Level 9

in reply to Paddi

I would have to agree with Paddi.

I know it does not give the player a huge advantage but it's still an advantage.

And in my eyes a controller that gives you extra buttons wich replace functions making it easier to do is a modded controller.

Level 14

in reply to Paddi

Doing those things can really give huge advantage to some people. Like if they glitch to a place where nobody can shoot them from, but they can shoot the players. Hows that fair? I'd say that someone having few more buttons isn't unfair at all. Doesn't make them aim any better, they just can knife faster and crouch faster, when with other setups we can only do one of them faster.

It's not as big of a deal.

Level 6

Studios