EU Matchmaking is it good enough? updated

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: EU Matchmaking is it good enough?

in reply to Maccabi

How did you get hold of that percentage? It's possible that some areas have better matchmaking than others.

It's not the case for me when the matchmaking spread is too wide that I'm able to play fine with full green bars or not. Does everyone in your party agree with you ie someone with a good connection?

Level 16

in reply to Ss78_

Ss78_ wrote:

How did you get hold that percentage? It's possible that some areas have better matchmaking than others.

It's not the case for me when the matchmaking spread is too wide that I'm able to play fine with full green bars or not. Does everyone in your party agree with you ie someone with a good connection?

using a very scientific method..

listening to the voices in chat. if the accent really grates me they are welsh or midlands.. also welsh people seem to love putting wlsg as a clan tag

but in all seriousness if their location is obvious see above then i do a quick view gamercard

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Pretty sure you could get some stats of your own if you wanted but I do think 60-70% is a high wet finger in the wind estimate, could be wrong though. So your party disagrees with you then?

Level 16

in reply to Ss78_

Ss78_ wrote:

Pretty sure you could get some stats of your own if you wanted but I do think 60-70% is a high wet finger in the wind estimate, could be wrong though. So your party disagrees with you then?

nope id say thats about accurate out of a 12 person lobby usually 6-8 are 100%  local to me

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote:

Ss78_ wrote:

nope id say thats about accurate out of a 12 person lobby usually 6-8 are 100%  local to me

Looks like you have a location sweetspot just like a connection sweetspot too, lucky you.

Level 16

in reply to Maccabi

I live about 20-30 miles away from London depending where abouts in London you measure from and I've never heard anyone that sounds like they're from there.  Anyone English were from the Black Country when I allowed communications from everyone.  Either that or Londoners hate using mics.  Can't blame them tbh.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

I'm about an hour outside London and I seemed to get into lobbies full of people from Wales or Scotland. As a Jock, it doesn't bother me, but it seems to be a fair distance from where I am.

DICE managed to give BF3 a decent choice when it came to picking servers geographically to play on (in the early days). It would be nice to see the same here. But since I play with friends from the US and Canada, I'm doomed to end up in mixed lobbies. Until the Steam box comes out, of course...

Level 10
Highlighted

in reply to DR65DR1

It's only because the game is so popular (sales minus trade-ins) that I just find it a bit bizarre that it happens to the scale it does more than anything.  Friend of mine is in Newcastle and he gets matched up with French gamers a lot.  It's not like Newcastle's a small city or anything.  But I've heard of Americans in San Francisco wonder why they get matched up with gamers in New York.  So it happens to Americans too.

Level 31

in reply to Ss78_

I do wish they would seperate Europe up a bit, while its true that a fair ammount of them speak english most obviously prefer to speak in their own language making communication dificult and of course the Lag you get from the continent.

Level 18

in reply to QwertyBoredom

Yup, not everyone has good english speaking skills in Europe it differs from country to country. The lag works both ways as everyone get's matched from all over Europe.

Level 16

Studios