EMPs are OP/Broken, does NOT take skill, Proof inside!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: EMPs are OP/Broken, does NOT take skill, Proof...

in reply to miroku21921

If by chance the EMP hadn't killed you in the first place, would you have even raised the issue?

The tradeoff with EMP's large radius and penetrating through walls and floors is the fact that their effect against players is relatively small compared to flashbangs and concussions.

Put it this way, if you were running out in the centre coutyard in Slums, which would you rather have chucked your way, a flash/concussion or an EMP? I'd take no reticle/HUD over being blind/a sitting duck any day.

As for them not effecting you like they do the enemy, i dunno. Maybe the same way EMP systems don't affect you, even though technically they should.

Anevilmushroom

in reply to miroku21921

man don't try to claim flash and concussions need "skill" compared to emps

only thing emp has going for it is that it goes through walls compared to stuns/flashes, if no wall between it flashes and concussions will hit you from just as far away

just wow if you think otherwise

and it really wasn't like it travelled miles to hit you

NotablePie

in reply to NotablePie

No, the range is completely different given distance to enemy player + effect on player.

As I mentioned earlier, stuns and flashes that land far away = less effect on player. If you're going to allow EMPs to hit through 2 buses, or a whole house, then it should effect you based on range/distance to enemy/affected player.

miroku21921

in reply to miroku21921

I thought this was going to be one of those bitchy posts about how EMP's take down a sentry gun or gaurdian without even trying....lol or dragonfires....Your complaining about the range and how it barely affects you? Its not meant to stun you, its an EMP grenade. Electronics! And if you pay attention, if you EMP yourself and your using a reticle. it will get rid of it for a short time. In Hardcore, it even affects team mates.I mean core is different i guess...but you get the headsup, of "Charging EMP" so you can duck those? I know in HC its easier to get dazed by it. EMP's aren't "OP" quit finding things wrong with the game. If you can't counter it, stop playing. You can counter it but choose to use something else, instead of all aggressive classes have a defensive class, set up Tac mask and hardwired rather than hardline and dex, or w.e trade your 2nd weapon for more perks. Or a lethal and tactical for more perks....counter everything. Heck, make it a Counter Class....But then, that would be smart.

wtcwarrior

in reply to wtcwarrior

Your post doesn't make any sense. You're calling me stupid, but here you are making a post that just misses the whole point of the discussion.

miroku21921

in reply to miroku21921

Doesnt make any sense? Your saying its over powered, I assumed when I read the topic that this was about destroying equipement, instead its more about emp'ing yourself and others. and the range. EMP's aren't there to STUN you. They are there to destroy the ELECTRONICS. You can COUNTER EVERYTHING in the game, Make a class if your in a lobby where its being used a lot, instead of bitching about the EMP's you CAN counter it. People cried about TF well, cold blooded fixes that but they didn't wanna use CB cuz they wanted a different perk instead, you don't wanna use HW cuz you wanna use a different perk. Your choice of perks. You CAN fight the emp's you CHOOSE not to....So in short, quit bitching bout a device when you have the full potiental to combat it.

wtcwarrior

in reply to wtcwarrior

No it doesn't make sense because this post wasn't about EMPing yourself. How about you read the post and the arguements I"m trying to make first. I'm not going to bother reexplaining everything to you.

miroku21921

in reply to miroku21921

You got killed by an EMP nade.

Big whoop.

No need to write a post about it.

Forget it, and move on

gdexter

in reply to gdexter

Can you guys stop making pointless posts? Did you even read the original post? This isn't about me getting killed, it's about the properties of the EMP being too forgiving for players who don't use it with precision.

miroku21921

in reply to miroku21921

Again, the video didn't show a guy tossing an EMP and 15 yds away destroying the Sentry gun or Guardian, your complaining that he tossed it into the house and it got the guy outside the house?

wtcwarrior

Studios