EMPs are OP/Broken, does NOT take skill, Proof inside!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: EMPs are OP/Broken, does NOT take skill, Proof inside!

in reply to TheSurgeon83

Surgeon, please take a better look at the video, the EMP did NOT go through the door, THAT was my point. That's why I recorded the second clip to show you it lands RIGHT OUSIDE THE DOOR. Look at the explosion (watch in 720p if you need to)

Level 3

in reply to miroku21921

Emp grenades are annoying, I'll give you that.

Level 27

in reply to TheSurgeon83

blaim all the sugarrushing coked up gerbil players for that whom love nuketown and hijacked so much that the maps seem to keep getting smaller

you know less room = less places for decent spawns to avoid that

that's a community caused problem with all the "bleeehh we want nuketwon, weeehhh"

the the OP: nothing wrong here, you were near dead and he got lucky

that's what ya get when running other peoples spawns

imagine you would've come on here complaining also if he would've spawned there 5sec's earlier and put a bullet in your back

Level 8

in reply to NotablePie

Funny thing is, that was actually my spawn, and they rushed into our spawn and managed to flip it.

And no, I'm not complaining about spawns. If he shot me in the back, I just pack my bags, respawn and deal with it.

This issue on the other hand is ridiculous.I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. LOOK AT WHERE THE EMP LANDS WITH RESPECT TO WHERE I WAS.

THAT is the point of this video. To showcase the RANGE on EMPs being completely broken. Not to mention, to have lethality from that range? A little strange.

Level 3

in reply to miroku21921

come play hardcore, and see what happens when a flash/concussion/emp lands near you

it will nearly kill you, i have no sympathy for this tbh because of that, specially since you were near dead allready and it should have some effect that hurts you, even if it's just 10HP it takes, whihc probly was enough

if this a gripe for you, you need a new hobby, it might happen 1 in a million times someone gets that lucky, no need to be all "raged up" about some lucky incident

now go flood the boards with clips of lucky qs's etc on you

as we all love people who complain about everything, specially when it's a 1 in a million chance of it happening

and again, that map just plain sucks to have a decent game with a rusher in the room, spawns are horrible and crazy shit like that is bound to happen on those crapmaps

Level 8

in reply to NotablePie

And I have no sympathy for people who can't read and comprehend. The post isn't about a kill/death by an EMP. The post is meant to spur a dicussion on the properties of the EMP, especially when you consider its alternatives. From that perspective, it is broken.

Level 3

in reply to miroku21921

the thing is i need no sympathy, i live with it being like it is without complaining

you come on here whining bout a death you think shouldn't have happened

i think it was fine as you probly had like no health left and i do know they cause damage as i mainly play HC

you just won't accept someone got a lucky fluke on you and are raging about it, nothing more nothing less

and since those houses are like what ? 5x5 orso ?

yh you should've been hit, otherwise the emp would be useless against sentry's etc put indoors somewhere

so get over it allready

Level 8

in reply to miroku21921

Ok, in the doorway then. I'm no expert but I imagine an EMP grenade if it existed in real life would have some sort of effect on a person due to interfering with the bodies electrical impulses.

Anyway, that death was a one in a thousand, holding it up as an argument against EMPs being OP doesn't hold any water.

Level 16

in reply to TheSurgeon83

Surgeon, please don't try to find an excuse for that.

You guys need to understand something here, my point isn't "omg it killed me from over there, therefore EMPs are broken"

I'm using the video as a means of showcasing the ridiculous RANGE on EMPs, to begin the discussion on the fact that:

1) Firstly, as the video shows, EMPs have ridicuous rnage.

2) With that kind of range, it rewards players NOT for precision (as you would do when using flash or stuns), but more for just chucking in a random direction and mindlessly throwing them off spawn.

3) You can EMP yourself, but it goes away INSTANTLY. You CAN'T do that with your other tactical alternatives --> Stuns and Flashes.

Do you guys see the discussion I'm trying to build here? Please don't focus so much on the video of me getting KILLED by an EMP so far away, focus on what I'm trying to get you guys to think about, which is the risks + rewards of using such a tactical grenade.

Level 3

in reply to miroku21921

The range is fine, seems to be about 8-10 metres splash.

If you reduce that they then become as useless as the MW3 version.

Level 16

Studios