Domination Timer Needs Change

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Domination Timer Needs Change

The Domination timer needs to be removed in the second round. I understand about the two rounds giving both teams the same chance by flipping the spawn (even though i prefer the old Dom setup). The second round should not have a timer and the team that wins is the one that hits 200. I hate getting thrown into games that are in the second round and have no chance of coming back for the win because the timer. If i have a couple guys in my party that are capable of coming from behind for the win give me the chance to do so. David Vanderhaar said they were debating on taking out the timer or extending the time in the second round on twitter. I havent heard anything since, but hope someone from treyarch reads this.

Level 2
24 REPLIES

Re: Domination Timer Needs Change

in reply to TheRedBaran

100% agree

Level 1

in reply to TheRedBaran

I prefer the old setup as well. I actually hate the new Dom but I appreciate 3arch trying something new. I won a game today and my team was being dominated.  The timer is stupid.

Level 1

in reply to TheRedBaran

They did it this way to mimic competetive CoD where usually the score is never reached. However it is unlimited there and purely time based but in pubs they did put the 200 cap.

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to TheRedBaran

The timer is there to end the match so it does not just drag on forever or let the team that was 100 down come back in the second round with out having to care about what happened in the first round.

With out a timer no one would care about the first round or try that much because they could always get the win in the second half easier.

Having the timer and have it switch sides means no team can completely dominate the other if either team works well together. The principle behind it was based upon competitive gaming, but not well thought out for public gaming.

The idea was to drive players to fight over the flags more and make them rush more toward caping flags, then just grabbing two and setting back and defending the rest of the match, which still basically happens anyways.

The idea is sound the implementation of it is flawed.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

Pretty much this.

Level 22

in reply to trialstardragon

I get the points you made and agree they try to make it like competitive gaming. It makes sense they keep it like this for league play only. For pub matches they need to make some tweaks. In competitive gaming its based off off of best of three where its not solely hanging on one game. In pub matches it rides on that one game you play. Domination is my groups favorite game type and was always the second most popular playlist in all cods next to TDM. They changed it to much and took out one of the best parts. Coming from a large deficit for the win. Now getting thrown into a match that has already in progress and not have a chance to come back mathematically. Also at a certain point if your up after the first round the winning team doesn't have to worry about owning flags because the timer will run out in the second round. Then domination changes to TDM because you can do the math seeing as 1 flag equals 1 point ever 5 secs. I believe people leave the game more often and your left with 2 people on the losing team. Because there is no chance of winning regardless of what you do. In competitive gaming you have a full team that will go to the finish line win loss or draw. In pub matches people will leave the game if they die 3 times in a row. There are two many variables in pub matches that don't happen in competitive gaming. If I have a team that's losing bad in the first round because three people dash and the teams are lop sided and three more join in and play because they want to win. I want the chance to come back and the people that get thrown in mid game need that chance also to try and turn the game around. Right now it's to rigid with the second round timer for pub matches and it needs to be tweaked.

Level 2

in reply to TheRedBaran

I've said this before as well- there is no game type in BO2 where you have any hope of making a comeback.  Domination used to be my favorite game mode for a very long time, but now it just isn't very fun. 

The rounds are entirely unnecessary, but I can live with it.  The timer is way too short.  Many times I have been in close matches where we lost the first round but made a comeback in the second that was cut short just before we could win. 

Level 15

in reply to ChronoZombie

That is frustrating particularly when you are able to maintain a triple cap for the majority of the second round because some people finally spawned in for your team and it's not a 2 v 6 anymore.

Level 69

in reply to TheRedBaran

Actually as much as i love the rounds idea i do agree the second round issue needs to be addressed, if the other team for whatever reason get a good lead in the first round its nigh on impossible to come back due to the time left till they reach 200 points.

The game is basically won in the 1st round for the most part

Level 75

Studios