Does Treyarch have any intentions to acknowledge and address the lag issues?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Does Treyarch have any intentions to acknowledge and address the lag issues?

in reply to THECRUSHER11

I do not have any of these lag issues people are complaining about.   Sure every now and then the game lags for a couple seconds, and on the rare occasion I lag out of a game but its nothing more than what's expected from online gaming.

Every online game I have played has lag from time to time. Halo, Gears, or whatever game you play will have some lag at times. 

Level 6

Re: Does Treyarch have any intentions to acknowledge and address the lag issues?

in reply to jaysonsp

theres a difference between lag sometimes and lag most of the time...

Level 6

in reply to THECRUSHER11

The game does what it should, more or less. They won't fix it because there is nothing they can do about it. Do what i did and fix it yourself by learning how the traffic and netcode works. I've reduced the lag to a minimum.

Level 24

in reply to THECRUSHER11

They have acknowledged it. It's called probation.

The reason for probation is to stop people, mainly hosts from backing out - in other words they know their games lag, and lag compensation is retarded so instead of trying to fix it, they want to penalise you for leaving games early.

My advice, back out the game as often as you want, probation is only 5 minutes long. Hardly worth worrying about. I'd rather take 5 mins out to grab a drink or whatever, than stay in a lobby as the host constantly going negative because 12 players connections are lagging me like crazy.

Level 7

in reply to WonkySausage

I have quit many games and never have been put on probation.  I also do not see much lag in this game.  The occosional lag is part of online gaming,  people who play online should know that.

Level 6

in reply to THECRUSHER11

this game is messed up, they wont admit there are issues, they are too busy congratulating themselves for being masters of the universe.

it is sad , activision should strip them of the license if this carries on

Level 1

in reply to Sgt_Kaput

Why aggravate yourself any further? Just stop playing the game because it will not be fixed. I would love to enjoy the game I paid for but at this point I realize it's impossible and I'd be fighting a battle that will never be won. Treyarch screwed up majorly and honestly the game has gotten worse every time I upgraded my internet equipment.

1.) Router - Got worse.

2.) ISP upgraded lines - Got so bad it's not even funny.

3.) New Modem - Really, got worse?!?! How is this possible?!

BTW: Everything else got better or stayed the same. My Ping improves, speeds improved. No packets lost. Yet CoD says it got worse? I guess pulling host all day means I should lag huh? Shove it, Treyarch.

Level 6

in reply to KrylonBlue

too right ... shove it you bastards

Level 1

in reply to KrylonBlue

I did the exact same thing with bops1. new modem, new cable,,, what a waste of time!!

Level 1

in reply to Gettalife

I think the test here is, do other games work fine on your connection? If the answer is yes, then it has nothing to do with network lag at all, and everything to do with the issues in this game.

Level 2

Studios