Discussion on TDM & FFA score per kill.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Dear David, the people who pay your wages like using killstreaks. (TDM score)

in reply to Rednecksniper39

Yup, and take care package out of TDM.

Level 24

Re: Dear David, the people who pay your wages like using killstreaks. (TDM score)

in reply to Rednecksniper39

That's what purists say about COD in general, objective game modes or not.  It's a first person shooter, not a racing or a flying simulator.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

Yup, last time i've checked this is a shooter not a fly simulator. Scorestreaks are optional, not the main thing in the game.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

Heh.  Killstreaks are a marketing tool really and most COD players I guess love it.  I've seen people on here and elsewhere admit that it's the only attraction to the series for them.

Level 31

in reply to danielbondnz

I don't know that increasing total score to win actually does that much for score streaks. Scorestreaks are easy in objectives because I can go capture a domination point for 200, get 200 for capture kills, 125 for attacker/defender kills while still getting the same 100 for a regular kill. Just increasing the TDM total to 100 or 125 wouldn't really change that much other than players have more time to earn streaks, it's still going to be very very difficult to get a swarm (19 kills without hardline) in TDM. I just hate how quickly the game is over, rarely ever goes to time limit, which is why I'd prefer a score increase.

Level 4

in reply to flyinbobsaget

No man, I was meaning increasing score per kill. :-)

Level 9

in reply to danielbondnz

I would welcome a change in points per kill. TDM is different from objective game modes and should be treated differently. TDM and FFA needs a change.

Level 35

in reply to danielbondnz

I'm a big TDM player, literally 90% my time on all the CODs is TDM. I like that its not got high killstreaks flying about everywhere, you really have to earn every point of your streak, which, to me, separates the good & the bad players. If you see a guy in TDM not camping, actually playing, busting off dragonfires, just shows that they are a good player.

Level 4

in reply to danielbondnz

I like it the way it is. It's not constant UAV spam and the pace is still way faster than the original Black Ops. All changing the score is going to do is lead to an abundance of low streak spam and that's about it. I just had a double VSAT game earlier so I don't see much of an issue. VSAT's are absolutely game changing and to just throw those around for 8 or 9 kills I just don't like. They were too easy to get in Black Ops and I'm glad there is an added challenge to getting streaks.

Level 21

in reply to danielbondnz

The score per kill in TDM is fine the way it is, I have yet to see a good case for raising it. Like using killstreaks? Call them in. If you are good enough, you will. If not, you won't.

Level 25

Studios