Difference between a good player and a PRO.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Difference between a good player and a PRO.

in reply to iivrruummii

If someone has enough free time and is good enough to get paid for playing a video game... good for them.

I was referring more to the players in game who claim to be "Pro". Not impressed by them.

I play the game to have fun. I like to compete, I like to win, I like to show progress every match.

I put little stock in "pro" players, especially since they change the game to suit their needs.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to iKon11

You are correct, this is no big secret. The only real difference is game tactics. The Pro's as some call them just work well together as a team. Each player has a part in the team and that is how they play. One is the slayer, the other a defender, another a harasser and so forth. On different maps they have their locations on where they stay or patrol around.

This is also why the Pro's do not like certain things like grenade launchers, or betties; because it can disrupt their map control and tactics easily and throw their game off. Which is why mlg does not allow the grenade launcher.

As for me I will never be a Pro, because I am not compettive, the win does not mean all to me. It is just the fun of playing the game itself that matters more to me, not some stat.

Level 70

in reply to iKon11

Pros get paid

Also, playing in a group so that your team gets host.

Level 17

in reply to iKon11

To me some "Pros" aren't even Pros. They say they are part of MLG, but yet from my understanding, most MLG games outlaw certian perks, attachments, etc... If they are so "Pro" then they should be able to beat anyone using anything. Not even sure if MLG and Pros are even the same thing...but that's my two cents anyway.

Level 28

in reply to jwaller123

Yes MLG bans certain perks, attachments, etc. to make the game as balanced as possible, and to increase the skill gap.

Level 47
Highlighted

in reply to iivrruummii

Wow. A ton of awesome points being made here, however I have to say that if most people on these forums could turn pro, or make a living off of playing call of duty, I'd have to say that most probably would. As for myself, I am a teacher, and extremely competitive, which I in return makes me think that my education gives me the ability to break down games like black ops 2 and extremely well so that people can better themselves as gamers throughout the call of duty scene. All in all I appreciate everyones perspective. Lastly, I like the idea of MLG banning certain perks, attachments, scorestreaks, etc. as they are more based around luck, and not particularly gun skill or map strategics.

Level 3

in reply to iivrruummii

Banning them does not balance the game it just makes it where map control cannot be broken as easy. It does not really increase the skill gap either, it just puts more focus on guns and map control setups. The team with the best map control setup usually wins.

Most so called pros cannot handle the full game and the full chaos it provides. which is why the have those items banned. If they let the GL/RPG/SMAW in the match, all their hard planned out map control setups would be useless.

Level 70

Studios