Did anyone notice Mozart's symphony number 40 in Plaza?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Did anyone notice Mozart's symphony number 40 in Plaza?

It's in one of the shops in the Plaza level. An admirable piece of classical music, One of the games developers has good taste.

Level 1
9 REPLIES

Re: Did anyone notice Mozart's symphony number 40 in Plaza?

in reply to Desertnam

Awesome spot there.  Mozart in the Dales shop.  Only other game I noticed that had some classical pieces was Burnout Paradise although I don't remember the titles off by heart.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

You noticed it too! Nice one! I like a bit classical now and then, and that's one of faves.

Level 1

in reply to SitRepPro

Sitrep,

games have been using classical music pretty much since sound chips were invented -

some of my favorites are :-

Phoenix (arcade) from 1980

Elite (BBC micro and others) from 1984

and Haunted Maze (think it was a PS1 demo, brilliant arrangement of Hungarian Rhapsody No.2)

The classical stuff in Burnout was great also, I recall it only kicked in if you paused or were AFK?

Level 6

in reply to pwright45

pwright45 wrote:

Elite (BBC micro and others) from 1984

effing bloody effing son of bitch bloody effing docking at the space stations manually  the blue danube haunts me to this day (mostly as i still play elite daily)   that music was used as it was used in 2001 a space oddessy btw

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

I guess that if I tried this today, I would be lucky to dock successfully once in 50 attempts -

Docking Computer FTW!

Level 6

in reply to pwright45

pwright45 wrote:

I guess that if I tried this today, I would be lucky to dock successfully once in 50 attempts -

Docking Computer FTW!

where the fun in that?

completely off topic but if you're getting the new elite that come sout next year.. my name on there will be same as forum name feel free to look me up we can have docking contests

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to pwright45

I think Burnout Paradise played some music during free ride mode like during a crash or something.  Nice to see a scrolling shooter being linked.   Kinda miss them not being popular on the newer generation of consoles (I know they exist) but they don't have their magic I feel.  Still have my Atari 520STe and that has a few of them on - R-Type, Wings of Death, Anarchy (this had a heavy metal theme tune I think).  I guess the older games focused more on music because people didn't overly fuss about graphics.  Even the slightly later ones you had epic tunes on F Zero X, WipeOut etc.

Level 31

in reply to Desertnam

"Whether its clothes, food, or accessories, you can find them all in the mall." Lol. Would love to see this guy recording this.

Level 23

in reply to Desertnam

it offsets the aweful skrillex in the club.

im NOT going to try it out.

Level 18

Studios