Detailed list of things in MP which I would like to see in the next gameplay balancing update.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Detailed list of things in MP which I would li...

in reply to Sunjayroy

I kinda agree and disagree with mostly all things mentioned by OP.

1. Getting flanked- it's a team game use a mic and operate with teammates to clear spawn trapping

2. Lightweight is fine but I do see your point on lag runners and with a some lag runners can out run our bullets so I kinda agree with that but it's the Internet with 1/4 of a million players online at times

3. Shotguns and snipers - I use neither one so I can't explain this issue with their guns and set up, but I give my respect to snipers because I can't snipe worth a darn so I give credit. I wouldn't make the shotgun fan base mad by messing with their weapons.

4. Emp nades/ Hardline-  Agree 100% you my friend hit it right on the nose. WTF I run Hardline and emp still effects me? 3arc are you kidding me I'm running this perk for nothing!

Finally I can NOT stand to flinch so I can NOT play without TOUGHNESS. I hate the flinch more than TF's

GoldenFAL

in reply to GoldenFAL

You know it is Hardwired that protects you from EMP grenades?

iivrruummii

in reply to iivrruummii

Yes I meant Hardwire but still emp nades mess up the good old red dot attachment!

GoldenFAL

in reply to Sunjayroy

Getting flanked is the result of teams not knowing how to hold down their area. What do you expect when everyone rushes from one side of the map to the other? Good teams lockdown areas, call it camping or strategy but it works.

Restore_Hardcore

in reply to Sunjayroy

Sunjayroy wrote:

Getting flanked: I know a lot of ppl will disagree with this, but everytime i engage in a gun fight with someone, it seems like 1 second later I am being sprayed down from the side by 1-2 enemies who are spawning too close to me. However well I traverse the map, this problem always persists for me, especially when playing solo. This is deffinately to do with the map design, being too small with too many flank routes to take, practically eliminating any form of tactical play.

What you're describing is not really the enemy being able to flank you, it sounds like you are describing the bad spawn mechanic. Flanking would mean that they navigated through the map to get behind you and kill you. But what you said in your OP is that you are "being sprayed down from the side by 1-2 enemies who are spawning too close to" you, that's not flanking that's just those people getting a "revenge" friendly spawn. Happens all the time to me too

azn_chic

in reply to Sunjayroy

Sunjayroy wrote:

Getting flanked: I know a lot of ppl will disagree with this, but everytime i engage in a gun fight with someone, it seems like 1 second later I am being sprayed down from the side by 1-2 enemies who are spawning too close to me. However well I traverse the map, this problem always persists for me, especially when playing solo. This is deffinately to do with the map design, being too small with too many flank routes to take, practically eliminating any form of tactical play.

Perhaps that's your issue - that you aren't traversing the map as well as you think you are. If you are trying to "flank" the enemy, but are running into more than one of them, then I would suggest that your flanking route isn't a very good flanking route. Pretty much all the maps in the game allow for some great flanking (trust me, Lightweight + Ghost + Silenced SMGs were how I played this game for the first 4 months).

There's always room for tactical play. Jus thave to be smart about it. Without wanting to sound to harsh and offering constructive criticism, just be a bit smarter with your flanking routes.

Sunjayroy wrote:

Lightweight: If there was anything IW/SHG did right in their god awful game MW3, it was removing leightweight and tuning run-speed relative to the guns. SMG's + Shotguns already move fast enough, they should not be able to benefit from another universal 7% + movement speed.

I also firmly believe that speed enhancing perks, such as Lightweight & Dexterity should not be implemented into this CoD generation at all, until they can produce a consistent online connection situation. These perks are esentially making it harder for people with worse connections  and (100+ ping) to hit their targets, as they are having to deal with 100 millisecond character delays on top of them running faster. UNFAIR.

In MW3, one of the most widely used perks was Stalker; which meant that EVERYONE had super quick speed when ADSing, and combined with Extreme Conditioning, made for a sensationally fast gaming experience.

While you may have a point about character movements and their relationship to the connection-based experience, removing the perk would take away a vital ability in the game that many people have grown accustomed too - not necessarily because they choose to "take advantage" of a seemingly broken game mechanic, bu because it helps them get around the map and get involved in more gunfights and objective play. Nothing wrong with that.

Sunjayroy wrote:

In terms of dexterity, I believe, like lightweight, that the effect should be subject to the weapon, not just a univeral buff across the board. Don't you ******* hate it when you find yourself putting 5-6 rounds into a guy, and then insta-dying before he even raises his gun from sprint!

Sounds once again like you are really suffering from a poor internet connection overall.

It's probably worth noting, that if you are putting 5-6 rounds into a guy he should be dying. If you are "insta-dying" a lot in that scenario, I think that's more to do with your connection than dexterity. Keep in mind that by running dexterity the person you are up against has also spent a pick 10 point on a perk that many, including myself, deem useless considering how effective hip firing is now.

Sunjayroy wrote:

Shotguns: To put this simply, I want the raise recovery after sprint to take longer with dexterity.

Why? If you run into a guy with a shot gun in close quarters, you are in his wheel house and are in the effective range of a shot gun. You should be dead, and it sounds like you are dying. That's decent gun balancing, in my opinion.

Sunjayroy wrote:

Snipers: --> zomg the DSR.50... That gun...is total bullshit. NERF: ohk only from chest up, longer recocking time, reduced hip-fire accuracy, slower movement speed.

Overall, sniping is terrible in Black Ops 2. At this point, I doubt there is anything they can change to fix that. It's a lost cause. The snipers lack the type of balance that they need. Though I'm confused by why you would want slower movement speed on someone running with a sniper.

Sunjayroy wrote:

Grip: 5% recoil reduction as opposed to a measly unnoticable to the human eye 2%.

See: gun balance discussion from above. If you make an attachment too strong, everyone will use it. Plus, grip is a bloody attachment. Are we getting that critical now that we want buffs/nerfs to attachments? 2% reduction in recoil slightly adjusts the properties of a weapon. That's the way that it should be. Attachments shouldn't start turning guns into something they are not.

Also - if the grip attachment is unnoticeable to your eye, then I suggest going into combat training and practiciing the differences with and without grip. It makes a big difference.

Sunjayroy wrote:

Hardwired/EMPnades: they need to sort this out. The emp grenades are annoying as ****, but hardwired is just not good enough to warrent using in competitive. This is because Toughness dominates the tier 2 perk slot as they gave all the guns SO much flinch by default. I hate this.

You either nerf the time + slash radius and EMP does, or you find some way to BUFF hardwired.

In every game, certain perks will be more valuable than others.

In MW3, Sitrep and Dead Silence were perks that were amongst the least used all year.

In BO2, my guess is Hardwired will be amongst the least used.

That's not a bad thing - it's just apart of the progression of the community as they grow into a game. Some perks become far more valuable (Engineer, Toughness), while others don't.

You don't need every perk to be a must-have slam dunk perk.

If EMPs are being heavily used, switch to a Hardwired class. If EMPs are not being heavily used, switch to a Toughness class. If you can't live without one or the other, use Perk 2 greed. Simple solutions bud.

Sunjayroy wrote:

Talking of Toughness: I would not ask 3arc to nerf it, it is a useful perk, but I want to see all non-snipers see a reduced flinch when shot, by a significant amount, Toughness should be a sharpshooters tool only, making only a slight difference. At the moment, this perk takes away from the variety of the perk selection in tier 2, and i really hope 3arc does something about this.

Think you overvalue the importance of Toughness a lot. It's not impossible to aim at a target when you are being shot and taking damage.

Also - if you want toughness to only be a marksman's tool, then shouldn't all non-snipers see increased flinch and the snipers a reduced flinch?

Personally - I've tried all the tier 2 perks and I find them all useless, so I don't run them. I save my points and use them on wildcards for Perk 1 or Primary Gunfighter.

Tick7

in reply to Sunjayroy

EMP NADES - Definatly need doing i have been killed from them about 6 times now while im not even slightly damaged, just boom kills me through a wall.. more powerful tham semtex and not to mention the equipment destroying range and duration of effect on your player.. also they destroy trophy sytems if you throwit just outside of the emp's range-

DSR- all sniping needs nerfing anyone who thinks it doesnt is a cheap faze wanna be or 6 year old kid.. utterly terrible... *tac insert* spawn, no scope, auto aim assist drags bullet through 8 people who are stood ina zig zag line, clip goes on youtube and squeakers around the  world squeal like pigs in a slaughter house.. Well played treyarch

GjonIIk

in reply to Sunjayroy

While I cannot suggest a new reward system, I can give some of my opinions of "do-able" adjustments.

1. TDM score limit increased to 100 in 6v6, 125 in 9v9.  Additional score added for headshots, killchains, and killstreaks.

2. CTF respawn timer removed or reduced to 3-5 seconds.  IF possible, an added custom option to allow/disallow the flag on base requirement to score.  CTF score adjustments listed below in order to provide more emphasis on the objective rather than points gained for carrier kills:

Grabbing the enemy flag: 125

Normal kills: 100

Returning the flag: 250

Killing an enemy flag defender: 150

Defending a friendly flag carrier: 200

Killing an enemy flag carrier: 150

Carrier Kills: 100

Flag Captures: 350-400

*OPTIONAL:  CTF settings as follows--10minutes, 1 round, 5 caps to win, flag return time 5-7 seconds.

3. Infected and Face-Off modes added; possible map size restrictions in Face-Off, like how Black Ops 1 did it with Wager Matches.  Maybe even "All or Nothing".

4. Golden dot on the mini-map displayed for the current leader of party games.

5. Scoping in with a sniper causes a 0.5 second wobble sway with the crosshairs landing on a different position within a small radius (like in Black Ops 1).  The initial sway after this effect will be very minimal.  In other words, nerfing quickscoping, and buffing the actual sniping (or hardscoping as you like to call it).

6. B23R nerfs, including base damage, rate of fire, and the firing gap between bursts.  KAP40 nerf to reduce the rate of fire (similar to the single player version).  Other pistols with a range nerf and possible damage nerf as well (pistols are meant to be weak backups and not as strong as most primaries).

7. Dragonfire health buff; AGR speed increase (again), Flak Jacket users surviving Hunter Killers.

8. Hardcore Modes: Probation removed; friendly fire set to "reflect"; Players immune to friendly scorestreak damage.

9. Hardpoint locations set to "random after first".

10. Additional custom options for party games, such as the Gun Game and One in the Chamber custom rules from MW3.

11. Hardwired perk being able to counter the detection effects of Engineer (but not against hacking).  This means that Hardwired, combined with Engineer, can allow a player to sabotage a care package without it being detected by Engineer users.  Nifty!

~RUGGED SAVIOR

RuggedSavior

in reply to RuggedSavior

thebiindsniper wrote:

6. B23R nerfs, including base damage, rate of fire, and the firing gap between bursts.  KAP40 nerf to reduce the rate of fire (similar to the single player version).  Other pistols with a range nerf and possible damage nerf as well (pistols are meant to be weak backups and not as strong as most primaries).

11. Hardwired perk being able to counter the detection effects of Engineer (but not against hacking).  This means that Hardwired, combined with Engineer, can allow a player to sabotage a care package without it being detected by Engineer users.  Nifty!

6. +1, +1, +1, +1, etc

11. I believe that Hardwired should also have the delayed trip of explosives, instead of Engineer. Reason is, with Engineer, I can see all the trip mines, so why do I need to delayed the trip?

iKushtyy

in reply to iKushtyy

iKushtyy wrote:

11. I believe that Hardwired should also have the delayed trip of explosives, instead of Engineer. Reason is, with Engineer, I can see all the trip mines, so why do I need to delayed the trip?

That's what I thought as well.  Who knows why that ability was paired with Engineer.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

RuggedSavior

Studios