David Vonderhaar responds to dying in one bullet

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: David Vonderhaar responds to dying in one bullet

in reply to zingaa

That's how it seems like. What he said isn't encouraging and it feels like we're pretty much left on our own. He didn't even say that they are going to have a look at it. The way he said it sounds like it's normal and to be expected of this game. 

I honestly feel like we should lower our KD and SPM so we would be matched with the majority of players around our area. The majority of COD players have sub 1.0 KD. In that way, we would be matched with the majority of players and have this lag comp or whatever it is, down to a bearable level.

Level 35

in reply to zArtfulDgr

I had this happen to me in the same spot when I was hosting:

I ran next to a guy who was spriting around corner. So I decided to go around another corner to catch him by surprise. But I got shot to the back as went around the block of cement. So I thought: Ok, maybe he turned around and went other way? So I checked the killcam. And...

The guy actualy didn't run around corner, but turned around right away when I saw him run around the block and just shot me there in his view.

Whoa. So I had like 2 seconds of "already dead" gameplay with error in the gameplay?

Level 6

in reply to Arppis

so we're right back to being patronized and told it's all in our heads.  fuck this company.  they'll never get my money again. 

Level 4

in reply to zArtfulDgr

vahn is a company man and is not going to agree with any negatives against the game. They will adress game breaking issues and that is about it. Cant blame him that is where he gets his check from.

We all have this issue in this game. Any experienced COD player will tell you this game does not play right. We all can complain, make threads, make videos and so on. In the end it is not going to change the way the game was made. There are so many issues in black ops 2 that in truth they cant all be fixed with a update or patch. In the end you have to learn to live with the game as is or move on to a different title.

Level 38

in reply to codchamp1

codchamp wrote:

There are so many issues in black ops 2 that in truth they cant all be fixed with a update or patch. In the end you have to learn to live with the game as is or move on to a different title.

True.  And furthermore we must vote with our wallets by refusing to purchase their games in the future. 

Level 4

in reply to stinklemange

Agreed but with the popularity of the franchise it will never happen. For future purchases of COD games i will stick with the MW series and not anything treyarch makes. But i guess i am one of the few that found MW3 enjoyable and trouble free.

Level 38

in reply to codchamp1

To be fair, MW3 played much like this when it came out (for me).  But IW acknowledged the problem and made tweaks numerous times to get it right. Today, I don't have much to complain about in MW3 as far as this kind of thing goes.  Maybe 1 in 10 fights.  BO2 realistically I'd say 3 out of 4 fights are like this head on.

BO2 also upped the skill based match making component. So if you're an above average player, you'll be matched with the same more often than not.  That means the net code is now having to make many more of the decisions than ever before (for fast players).  That's probably contributing to it.

Level 7

in reply to zArtfulDgr

Its always an excuse with Vonderhaar, same old cod developer comments, and the just won't fix this.

His response was about the killcam for some reason, the fact that the guy died instantly prooves that the game is completely broken.

Level 9

in reply to zArtfulDgr

it is in a large part because it searches for games of simillar skill and not best connection. I have seen this more often than not. Getting lobbies where search is set to best but i am at a yellow bar. It is not the best lobby in connection but everyone stats are on the same level.

Level 38

in reply to zArtfulDgr

zArtfulDgr wrote:

BO2 also upped the skill based match making component. So if you're an above average player, you'll be matched with the same more often than not.  That means the net code is now having to make many more of the decisions than ever before (for fast players).  That's probably contributing to it.

Skill based is only in Leage matches not in public games.

Level 11

Studios