Could it be the beginning of the end?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Could it be the beginning of the end?

in reply to starbuckfrack

Where are you getting the "sold more copies" info from?...does that include returns and refunds and the price of three games that was the "care package edition"?

I mean check out amazon and the game is now selling for $10 dollars less...your telling me that is a good sign that 3 WEEKS after release a big name game like this has dropped in price by $10 dollars??

Level 4

in reply to lagopz

lagopz wrote:

does that include returns and refunds

There are no refunds for games and returns don't count towards anything.

Level 43

in reply to r8edtripx

I just checked some articles and you're right about that. It seems like sales have picked up while early articles from just a few weeks ago claimed that it failed to beat MW3's first week.

Level 35

in reply to Rednecksniper39

I think that being on the Xbox 360 as well as being an "old game" is what can be killing the series.

I understand completely how someone can get tired of the same game on an old console.

They could be holding onto the franchise until the 720 (whatever) comes out.

Level 72

What I find comical is the people talking about "Modern Warfare 4". First of all, the series of MW ended with MW3 being the resolution to the plot of Captian Price and Mackrov, for the IW, Sledgehammer and Ravensoft contingent to attempt to bridge upon that would be very unstable, and albeit, slightly dumb. The idea of future and present day warfare has had is fun in the sun for the Call of Duty franchise, perhaps this could be a benificial time to explore something slightly different.

Black Ops 3 is another rather radical assumption. With all the downfalls the current game has, who's to say Treyarch will still stand behind the Call of Duty franchise in the near future, or will they want to for that matter. When MW3 was coming out, the whole company looked in dissaray, and now, that we have our 2012 COD release, the future is uncertian and foggy. Any money, Call of Duty ends here, with us left to pick up the pieces from this long drawn, expertly marketed and made series, which has provided nearly over a decade of entertainment. I look to Relic and Dice to continue the Modern Warfare contingent of gaming. Call of Duty is loved, but like all games, will one day be put on the shelf.

Level 4

in reply to Liam25

Liam25 wrote:

What I find comical is the people talking about "Modern Warfare 4". First of all, the series of MW ended with MW3 being the resolution to the plot of Captian Price and Mackrov, for the IW, Sledgehammer and Ravensoft contingent to attempt to bridge upon that would be very unstable, and albeit, slightly dumb. The idea of future and present day warfare has had is fun in the sun for the Call of Duty franchise, perhaps this could be a benificial time to explore something slightly different.

I hope there isn't an MW4, but I wouldn't put it past the suits at Activision to push for a Modern Warfare 4, since MW3 sold so well.

Level 21
Highlighted

in reply to r8edtripx

Leaks suggest that it will be MW4 and Price will still be the main man.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/call-of-duty-2013-details-leaked-as-series-shows-signs-of-declin...

Level 35

To be honest, I actually like BO2 for the most part however I don't find it worthy of best shooter or multiplayer compared to the some of the other titles that have released this year. (i.e. Borderlands 2)

Activision will keep bragging about their sales so gaining no awards from the VGA won't really matter to them.

Level 51

Im pretty sure its me being the Bad Luck Charm here. I just left Halo and look how good they are doing

Level 1

in reply to Sniffflez

Sniffflez wrote:

Im pretty sure its me being the Bad Luck Charm here. I just left Halo and look how good they are doing

Enter BF3 showed a link that there are still more players playing Blops2 then Halo 4.

Level 72

Studios