Connection going from 4 bar to 1 bar throughout games. Happening to ALOT of people, any ideas?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Connection going from 4 bar to 1 bar throughout games. Happening to ALOT of people, any ideas?

in reply to Zach255

Yup been happening to me the past week, at first I put it down as my internet messing up but I went back to BO1, mw2 and cod4... guess what? No lag, and BO1 I had the worst lag ever! Even other games like Halo 4 I didn't lag on, this is the 1st time since launch, and it's happening to all my friends.

Level 15

Re: Connection going from 4 bar to 1 bar throughout games. Happening to ALOT of people, any ideas?

in reply to Zach255

Yes this has been happening to me these past few days randomly. Something is up with their servers. It happens for a split second and goes back to 4. When this happens my game go's to crap for a few seconds. This was a problem a few months ago as well.

Level 4

in reply to Zach255

to the guys who say get better internet im on virginmedia 100 Mb cable with 5Mb up and this problem of 1 bar pings for a while then back up is happening in all games tonight and all my m8's games as well the new hotfix has messed the game up it was perfect yesterday untill last night

Level 2

in reply to Zach255

... oh, and I forgot to mention that since this problem started, BLOPS2 multiplayer has also managed to freeze my XBox on a couple of occasions.

Level 8

in reply to Zach255

I would like to say first that I am glad I am not alone in these issues. For the past two days the connections have been horrible in multiplayer.

The game starts out fine with almost everyone on both teams having a 4 bar connection. Then, without warning or notice, some of the lobby will go to an 1 bar connection for a couple of minutes.

Just like others, there is NO host migration or nothing. I lay down a Bouncing Betty and hope that it kills someone before they destroy me.

After a couple of minutes the entire lobby will return to a normal 4 bar connection and game play is fine. If the game and/or lobby continues then it will drop back to an 1 bar connection again for a couple of minutes before return back to a 4 bar connection.

The past two days have been the worse time I have had since I began playing the Call of Duty series. I reset my modem, my router to no avail. All I have noticed is that my stats are constantly decreasing due to the past couple of days, I actually do not think any of my stats have increased.

Before two days ago everything has been fine and I hope things will return back to normal soon.

Level 1

in reply to Zach255

yep its been a sh*t storm lol.  last night was all 2 minute lag spikes every match that left me crippled.

whats odd is i can't see what 3arc could have messed to cause it as it feels so regimented. also i'm not sure its an enemy using a lag switch as i was on the winning team so in theory i would be more likely to be unaffected.

anyway 3arc are a joke and need to learn how to make games that work

Level 16

in reply to Zach255

I had the same problem all of last night. nearlly every game I played I started off on green bars and within seconds everyone was bouncing from full green to one red.  it was the same thing match after match.  I had to double check there were no other devices on my network etc.

I reset my modem and everything, still the problem continued all night. then at a point it seemed to get better. 

there is more to what is going on with this games connection then just what is happening at our end on our line.

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to Zach255

I don't see the problem the game is playing fine, did you check your connection or contact support? did you enjoy double xp? Hope you purchased the dlc..

David Vonderharr

Level 32

in reply to zingaa

For real....

hope you purchased the dlc... is that for real ? Wow...

Level 9

in reply to Zach255

Anyone know the status of this? Got way worse last night for me. Was playing in a party of 4 and all of us have different ISP's, routers, etc... every single game we went into was the same thing, 1/3 of the game we were all on 4 green bars, 2/3 of the game red single bar bouncing all over the place. It made the game completely unplayable, and thought I was going to have a siezure. I'm not your typical "I hate treyarch" guy, and love playing this game, but not now. Hope they hotfix this soon.

Level 4

Studios