Confused between the three headsets?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Confused between the three headsets?

in reply to bighead14701

I was thinking about going this route myself, but then realized that 90% of the time I have to run with one of the headphones at least half off of my ear because our 11 week old son is in the room and I need to be able to hear him if he cries, haha, so I don't think I'd get much use out of the surround sound.

Maybe in a couple of years I can go this route or upgrade our headsets....

Level 11

in reply to squirrelness

Congratulations on the baby. I can understand your predicament, I have an 8 year old. It's the reason I got my first "real" headset years ago. So I could enjoy the game and keep the tv down.

Despising cheaters since 1970
Activision Ambassador

in reply to Syndicatekiller

I have the TB x32s and the wife has the x31s and we love them.  The one change we made, though, was to replace the cord that goes between the headset and the controller.  Neither of us liked having the mute and volume half way up the cord.  So we went to Turtlebeach.com and ordered cables with the 'puck' style connection.  I promise you they are nowhere near as big a puck as the old headset style and it is a Godsend to have the controls right at your fingertips right next to your controller.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/cables-parts/xbox-live-puck/105

Disclaimer:  Not positive these would work for the x12s, so research before you order.  (I'd research for you, but apparently my computer and their website hate each other right now.  )

Level 11

in reply to squirrelness

thanks for the tip about the puck cable squirrel,i have the PX'5s and with the standard cable i keep turning the volume down with my legs when the cable falls between my knees lol,i also have the XBA adapter but the sound quality of that is not as good as a cable

Level 8

in reply to trickster_

No problem, glad to help.

The only thing that sucks is they will only let you order three.  We ordered two...one for each headset....and then had one break (well, the jacks bent) when a headset went flying one afternoon.  I went back to order two more (one to replace the broken one, one more as a spare) and it was only going to let me order 1 that time.  Ended up just ordering three using my wife's name, but still, haha.

Level 11
Highlighted

The trittons are a little spendy, but for me well worth it. I had a few little problems with mine but Tritton was always good in sending me parts, overnight I might add.

Level 32

X12s

Level 44

Well the question is are you one of those people who treats there headset like shit? if so, buy the cheapest because your going to break it. All the headsets last if you treat them right,

Level 12

If you got the money I suggest you buy turtle beach tangos. They are made just got bo2. They are 300 bucks. I love them. I wouldn't get x32 get the x42 since they are surround sound and 32's are just stereo sound. The turtle beach X-rays are good too. I hear footsteps even without awareness perk. Trey arch did a great job putting different audio in game than unrealistic footsteps everybody wants. I like hearing people talking or reloading or bullets hitting a wall to give me clue were people are.  I wouldn't recommend x12 or any of those headsets but if you are on a limited budget I guess they would suffice. I would rather save up at least 150 to buy x42 instead of paying 60 for x12. I have had x32,42, xp400, and tangos. I kept upgrading when i realized how much better the upper echelon headphones are.

Level 1

I would go with the TB PX510 when they come out ! There basically the upgrade from the PX5s and the BO.2 high end set . Can't wait for my PX5s to break lol

Level 24

Studios