Competitive has taken over the fun factor

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Competitive has taken over the fun factor

in reply to FixBlops2

Has he not?  then my aplogies dude as i given to understand that Vahn was a member of Optic Clan?

But even so, i agree with what your saying about "running out of ideas" and "milking the cash cow" as the franchise as a whole has become stale and just the same old thing repeated everytime Nuketown is a classic example of this...

Activision has milked it to death now in it's present state and as it's a FPS there is only so much it can do, but competetive play is certainly not the way forward, ultimately it just promotes the bad behaviour imo and so does all the empathis on stats, perhaps the next gen consoles might help it forward and give it some fresh imputus, but somehow i doubt it as it'll still be the same formulaic game with the problems it has, but either way the next CoD will really have to raise the bar or die the death.

Level 4

in reply to FixBlops2

Sorry but you are wrong Vahn has seen compettiive games played before. Back during BO, he went and watched a MLG torunament. Just because he may not have ever played in it does not really mean anything. For that is the main reason that BO got the competitive playlist when it did before anything was done to hardcore when ended up in a fiasco when bombs and flags was tried in hc.

And back before the release of the game worldwide 3arc held a demonstration of the game being played by both regular people and with some so called pro teams. So yes Vahn has seen competitive fps gaming before.

So yes Vahn does know about competitive gaming and is that reason that league and codcastsing was implemented in the game and not just because Activision said to do it.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

So by your logic everything who is watching sports in television is automatically a sportman and has all the knowledge. Vahn is clueless, he is just looking for a reason to milk the cashcow.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

There are people who never play a sport ever in their life but do know alot about sports. You do not have to play it to know it or be able to understand it.

Level 70

in reply to FixBlops2

you sound bitter

FixBlops2 wrote:

So by your logic everything who is watching sports in television is automatically a sportman and has all the knowledge. Vahn is clueless, he is just looking for a reason to milk the cashcow.

Level 20

in reply to FixBlops2

You know about a month ago you brought up the fact the cameras were off in a least 3 games, so why leave that part in ?

The object is to kill the other team so of course its competitive. If you wanted a fun game then go play the Crazy Pants game.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

I can't believe you said that.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

What did I say something wrong ?

I honestly can edit something out if you want me to.

PM me or something if you want it edited.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

Its ok.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

I would have REALLY liked to be given the choice wither to play competitive or not ! Why they put Skillbased matchmaking in both modes is beyond me ! Just causes bad matchmaking in pubs but its probably to late to do anything now but let's hope they don't repeat the same mistakes in future titles Smiley Happy

Level 8

Studios