Competitive has taken over the fun factor

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Competitive has taken over the fun factor

Sure who doesn't likes to win, but why not try something else and not using always the same weapon setups every lobby. Competitive gaming is not what made Call of Duty so successful. I know many people will disagree with me and thats cool but i think the obsession with competitive gaming in public matches was a bad decision. The majority of CoD players are casuals and casuals don't care about competitive gaming.

This game is not capable of having a fair competitive match, broken cameras (even on lan). Bullets come out from your forehead (headglitch) so why pushing something on us when its broken by design? The reticle should be lowered like in Halo.

I wish the next Call of Duty will focus more on the fun factor again and leaving this competitive stuff aside. Fun doesn't mean the game has to be broken and unbalanced, you can have a balanced fun shooter without competitive gaming in mind.

Level 24
39 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Competitive has taken over the fun factor

in reply to FixBlops2

COD has tried being a competitive game by copying three game modes from Counter Strike.

The thing I like most that would be deemed as 'competitive' is getting rid of the unlock system but that's a matter of balance really.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

Honestly speaking, if i want to play competitive than Call of Duty would be my last choice. The game is not capable of competitive gaming and pushing the game more and more toward competitive gaming makes it more clear how broken by design this game truly is.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

What exactly about competitive gaming has taken away from the "fun factor" of the game?

Level 18

Stats probably.

Level 31

The way how people play the game, should be clear after read my posting.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

It's not clear, you didn't say anything as to why it's competitive gaming's fault, you just said that people head glitch, use the same setups, etc. None of which are competitive gaming's fault really, the players would head glitch and use the same setups regardless of whether people played competitively or not.

And public matches aren't even "competitive" anyway, League Play is a lot closer to competitive play, and that's not affecting public matches, especially considering they're completely separate, and barely 5,000 people will be on at once playing it.

Level 18

Public and League are the same thing with different names, there is not difference.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

The trouble is that with a lead developer like that Vahn dude who's into Competetive Gaming, then it's gonna be reflected into the game, there's too much of what he wants in it...stats, league play and live feed's etc to make it just a fun game for people who don't want to play competively.

They should stop listening to the under age kid's as well as get someone who's unbiased to head the development.

Level 4

in reply to Mandude1

I guarantee you that Vahn has never seen or played competitive in his life, all he does is taking advices from optic clan.

He promoted the game with competitive gaming in mind because Activision is running out of ideas how to milk the Call of Duty cashcow more and more. If they truly want to make a competitive game then they would fix the engine first, just sayin. Its like McDonalds maks advertisement for Olympic Sports.

Level 24

Studios