Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.

in reply to COD_WIDOW

O another retard who feels the need to post an insult because they lack the intelligence to offer a adult response. Are you that sad you have nothing better to do than log in and make insulting comments on threads. And you say I'm sad.

Level 3

in reply to MoaningMichae1

MoaningMichae1 wrote:

O another retard who feels the need to post an insult because they lack the intelligence to offer a adult response. Are you that sad you have nothing better to do than log in and make insulting comments on threads. And you say I'm sad.

Where did I say you are "sad"? You call me a retard for commenting on a post on a forum, and then mis quote me. I have to say, I love the irony there.

If you would like an adult response, then here's one. CoD doesn't care that you think spending money on extra Bandwidth will give you an advantage. Cod caters for all gamers and uses hardly any bandwidth at all, but enjoy downloading media faster as that's what you really paid for when you wasted your money on what you thought would give you more kills and less deaths.

Level 15

you do have connection type set to best dont you? and you have to play on your own if you party up it screws with everything. and dont play after 10pm in the UK because for some reason you get thrown into US lobbies. that said its not as bad as playing with the French

we have BT infinity im getting 79 down and 15 up and this game lags like im on 56k ha ha

Level 1

I have an internet connection that is better than 90% of the people in my province. I've noticed over the past few days a very noticeable improvement in the connections and hit detections. Pretty much my entire friends list has also noticed the improvement too.

Soon, the time will come, where people will have to stop blaming the lag compensation, and start blaming themselves, for performing poorly at Call of Duty.

Also - for those throwing out  download and upload speeds, CoD relies very little on those numbers, and a bit more on overall bandwidth.

Level 18

in reply to Tick7

Thank you Tick7, you may not agree with my post but you responded in a construtive and adult manner and didn't feel the need to insult me just because you don't share my views. Wish there was more like you on here.

Level 3

MoaningMichae1 wrote:

Thank you Tick7, you may not agree with my post but you responded in a construtive and adult manner and didn't feel the need to insult me just because you don't share my views. Wish there was more like you on here.

What a hypocrite.

Level 15

As several here have said, your bandwidth package means nothing to the game. You could have a 1 gig up and down and it would not give you any better game than somoene with just a 1mb down and 512kb up. So paying for a high package does not entitle you to a better game. That was your first mistake for thinking that it did or would. It never has for console games; because console games do not ever, nor will they ever use your full bandwidth while playing the game. Once you understand this, then the rest becomes easier to understand.

Your dns is important, do not use the dns that your isp gives you. Most times these are just recursive dns and are actually slower and less reliable even from the big name isps. If wired make sure there is not a lot of distance between you and the router and the router and the modem. make sure it is a windows/xbl certified router any other router will not work at optimum levels for the console if is an xbox in many cases and can lead to game performance issues.

Make sure if using a hdtv that you turn off all post processing features, these add in artificial display lag and cause you to see something different then what the box actually gets. Make sure your tv is really rated for gaming and check around to find out its refresh rate and other settings related to how fast the screen updates with new images. many hdtvs even the new ones are not really designed for fps games, they may work well with rpg or racing games where the action is slow but do not work well with fast paced games like fps games.

Understand and accept and realize that no matter how good your connection is, that is only 1 part of the total equation during the match. It is the person you are shooting at or is shooting at you that also matters greatly.

So in the end do not complain or think that 3arc or the game is punishing you and just because you pay for a higher bandwidth you are guranteed or entitled to a better game, for this is never true and never will be in online console games ever.

Level 70

I have 5 down .8 up and I'm host 95% of the time. This game either loves you or hates you and it fucking hates me with a passion.

I doubt the issues are with people having the best net in the land as I clearly don't

Level 1

Studios