Care packages need a change .....

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Care packages need a change .....

in reply to V1v1dNightmare

go play any objective game, DOM, HQ, or Demo, and you wont see any CP used. unless the people using them dont like winning.

CPs take time to call in and in a tight game, people will STOP what they are doing and call in their CP. if you REALLY need to take B for the last 1-2 min in Dom, the dude calling in his CP in the back of the spawn isnt helping his team too much. also the end of each round, people will save a CP for the start of the new round, and they just end up losing B right at the beginning and probably wont be able to get it back. why? because 3 people called in a CP and it was 6v3 at B

stop playing KC so much and move to dom/hq/demo with a group of friends and you will see less and less CPs used

Level 7

So thats a problem that people used TACTICS to gain a care package? Oh those damn noobs who use engineer to delay my claymore! Grrr! Just sounds like someone didn't get enough hugs from his family lol. Dude its a game! I don't think i can ever get 1700 points to get a swarm so I love the idea I can flip my CP from a UAV to a swarm or dogs, its a lucky roll. Shit, I had a guardian and re rolled to an RC XD =( But its part of the game bro, just deal with it. lol

Level 9

in reply to wtcwarrior

dude, maybe YOU can't get 1700 points .... and if you did, you would just have dogs because a swarm is 1900 .... Play Kill confirmed and you can ... I started using swarm the first week of Feb and already have 96

Level 2

Eh, KC people like to camp the tags, I've even ran around following someone's AGR and grabbing those tags, plus I only play HC so my likely hood is that a random team mate shoots me in the back when i get close to a high streak. Thats why I like the CP's. Plus Engineer. Re roll for the win! Its not like you have to have some sorta special achivement to re roll. Its a perk....imagine that a PERK. What a nice fitting name for something that lets you re roll a CP. lol

Level 9

i always use cp. i get good stuff  all the time w/o engineer. when i use engineer i get good stuff eve more often. stop crying about it. cp is risky it give away your team position and you can get it stolen. seems like everyone cries abou everything they dont use in this game.

Level 1

in reply to STYLEmaster

and it's the noobs like YOU that make this game trash .... up ur skills rookie and get on my level

Level 2

Vip3rTh3Snyp3r wrote:

I'm sick of noobs putting on hard line and engineer and running UVA, hunter killer, and care packages and then flipping it to something they could never earn. I have to do very well to get mine but these care package gangstas that talk trash after hiding in corners for the lowest kill streaks on the game are taking over. When you can flip it to swarms and dogs and warships , why even try to earn it legit ? Trey arch needs to re think the whole care package idea. I feel if its in the bottom two rows (1000) or higher, you should NOT be able to get in in a care package. Anything THAT big should HAVE to be earned. ANOTHER reason this game could be good but isn't

Is this your first COD?

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

not my first, black ops was the first I played more than 100x. With MW3 ... it was ok, but, on hckc it was .... spawn, noob noob change to thumper , noob noob. pretty lame. I VERY rarely get into a game where people are actually trying and its fun. I don't even mind if someone camps for a REAL killstreak , but, seriously ? You can't kill 4 people and confirm ONE of those tags without hiding ? It's sad .

Level 2

I got over 9 days in this game and have ALWAYS run Care package. Up to today i can tell you i have gotten dogs exactly 1 time from a CP. 2 Swarms, 2 VTOL's  and MAYBE a handful of warthog's and Loadstars each.

The good streak CP odds are very high. So no. it is fine.

Level 38

Care package is a High Risk Scorestreak for what may or may not be a high reward.

The Odds on High Streaks is pretty low, plus it is the ONLY streak in this game that can be stolen or hijacked (by friendlies or enemies). It is a pretty selfish streak in that you rely on teammates to cover for you, and it basically takes you out of action while you are waiting for it to come in. I am not a fan of it, but I am not sure it needs a tweak.

Some ideas I do have, however, are to bring back the ability to alter the course of the package drop. The Chopper comes in so quickly now that you can't alter the drop at all, all that happens is you get points for taking it out. In Black Ops, a quick thinker could get a lock on to a Chopper, take it down, and send the package either to a neutral area or out of play completely. Added to the strategy quite a bit and made the choppers worth taking out.

One other thing I wish they had brought back from BO was to have Care Package Unique items, like the Death Machine was. Make it things you can only get from a Package. Would make it more valuable, and take away the ability to earn higher end streaks without having put in the work. It would be amazing to make them team or support items as well, things like the Ballistic Vests (I know, I know.. but imagine if they ONLY came in Care Packages from time to time and each team member could only get one). Or team ammo drops. Or Gun Emplacements, etc that could be used by the whole team, not just the person with the package. Whatever it is, it should act like a lower streak and not give high streaks that the user should have to earn.

The only other tweak I'd like to see in the future is the ability to give permission to teammates to take the package. Someone other than you on your team tries to take it... you get a pop up saying "<GAMERTAG> Wants to change/capture your Care Package, Allow? (Y to allow, B=No). Would keep the trolling down, though as it stands that is just a risk you take when running the package.

Just my ideas. As it stands, the Care Package is kind of a selfish reward in that it takes you out of the action, can be stolen and used by the other team or Hijacked into a bomb which could kill teammates, and that it relies on teammates covering a position while recovered. Its a very high risk for a minimal chance at a high reward.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Studios