Can someone give me an actual accurate reason for not just adding to HC game modes ???

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Can someone give me an actual accurate reason for not just adding to HC game modes ???

in reply to Rednecksniper39

I think that sounds damn fine.

Level 2
Highlighted

Re: Can someone give me an actual accurate reason for not just adding to HC game modes ???

in reply to DMDM1

not neccesarilly

so far all less played playlists give me in general a better connection

less players is also less chance of running into that 15y/o that's playing while dad is watching pron, his mom on Fb and his sister on msn and facebook and youtube

the bigger the nr in a playlist the bigger the chance also you run into people with a less as desirable connection

Level 8

in reply to NotablePie

This person wouldn't be selected as host usually.

Level 2

in reply to DMDM1

You 3% is so off i dont even know where to begin. On average HC accounts for 20-35% of total online players.

Level 23

in reply to bree94821

bree9482 wrote:

I am a software developer and l understand manipulating different programs to acheive the desired output. But why 3arc subbing 1 mode out for another ??  It make absolute no sense...!  They could easily add to the  HC list with minimal impact.  Im not a game developer so maybe im missing something, but cmon !!

For reasons best known to themselves the game shipped with only 4 slots for hc something no one in the hc is happy about.

As a result we have four slots for everything, We had a discsussion with Vahn about adding more modes where the overal general consensus was 3 single modes and a moshpit if that was the only option.. Vahn also made it clear hc ffa was in the firing line as it was the least played mode.

we got hc ffa removed and hckc added which wasn what we wanted.

We restarted discussions with Vahn who admitted he was meaning to get back to the discussion and wanted to do something with hc dom.

Again we pointed out we would be more happy with a moshpit than to lose another mode..

we got hc ctf removed and hc dom added.

again noone is overally happy we lost a mode but i got to say dom already has more players than ctf did.

The problem we now have is we havent got any more slots with low pop counts to do another swap around.

The reason there is a problem is as theres only 4 modes.. and as much as everyone hates this a lower player popualtion adding extra modes in other gaemlists causes major problems for matchmaking .You cant simply add a hc mode to another slot that was say in core as it wouldnt be part of the hard core matchmaking lists.

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Macc... I refuse to follow the line of "low pop counts". It's simply not accurate.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

has anyone thought that maybe the reason hard core doesnt have as many players is maybe because we have a third of the game modes??? you know less options and all kinda takes away from the experience. nah that doesnt make any sense now does it? lol well they have one less player to worry about now so what ever. log 15 days ofplaying time on cap and they rob me of that. thats my two cents anyways.

Level 2

in reply to bree94821

Welcome to a repeat of December 8 2012! I'm cool with HC Dom now, feel bad for ctf fans though.

Level 27

in reply to Restore_Hardcore

100% agree. No one likes their favorite mode taken away. Stoked for HC Dom - looking forward to see how it plays out.

With only 4 slots available I just can't understand not having a mosh-pit. A mosh-pit would keep a lot of gamers content (as opposed to being gutted at totally losing their fav mode).

Side note: lol at gamers who think HC is easy mode - being a newbie to HC I'm on a learning curve - most to do with awareness which you get away with in Core. I enjoy both Core and HC for different reasons, HC is more of a challenge for me now.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to FalconR6

Being on core is just hilarious. Owning all of the bellends that think they're in the army and I run in with nothing but a ballistic knife and tomahawk XD

Level 2

Studios