Can someone explain to me why the host always switches when the game starts or mid game? Really 3arch?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Can someone explain to me why the host always switches when the game starts or mid game? Really 3arch?

in reply to _McLovin_

cheating how? the only cheat I have seen is lag switch and that has been around since god knows when and can be done on many games. Hell if you had played Halo 2 back in the day you wouldnt be complaining about cheaters now even if there were a couple running around. That was an age of cheating unlike anything the CoD series has ever seen.

Additonal reason people rage quit:

they dont like the map

they lost a player

they got an invite

they dont like being host (I hate being host because its just unfair to the other players)

they didnt finish setting up their class

they picked the wrong game mode

+ 50 billion other possible reasons.

Level 45

Re: Can someone explain to me why the host always switches when the game starts or mid game? Really 3arch?

in reply to kemicalsupreme

I know when im hosting because i cant hit shit and markers dont show anything. Bars tell you most of the time, and when i notice that im aiming and getting killed by a guy that just appear in front of me and pistol shot me.. im hosting. Ill back out and what ya know.. hosting migration time. So that just proves i was hosting. I get host most of the time as well, and have to downgrade my connection to dial up to keep it from choosing me. Once im in the game, i open it back up.. but soon as i do, bam hosting migration again to me.. So again i back out.. I hate hosting, cause you cant hit shit..

Level 19

The question you SHOULD be asking is why people can't stay in a lobby and finish out a match.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

nicedrewishfela wrote:

The question you SHOULD be asking is why people can't stay in a lobby and finish out a match.

they dont ask that because they assume they know the answer

Level 45

sorry if i get put in a match that is 15-70 KC.. i back out if im on the losing side. Granted i will take a lost if i play, but im not going to feed there kills if one is boosting, cheating or camping. I would rather dashboard it and find a new lobby. If its a close game and feel that i can help, ill stick it out..

Level 19

in reply to gzowner1

You are either part of the problem.. or part of the solution.

I understand where you are coming from, but that is still being part of the problem. When I get put in a bad match late, I lay low and try to tough it out the best I can. Why? Because I know that the match will end and I will get to start again on even footing.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

So he should take a loss because someone else raged? I think there should be an option to not join games that have already started. Running solo is near impossible in this game due to being put in one sided games.

Level 3

in reply to ct1486

THEN DON'T PLAY SOLO. Get a squad. This is a you problem, not a game problem.

If you play solo, you can expect to fill spaces in team matches. After all, they are team matches.

And you make my point for me. You become part of the problem by repeating the same action. YES it sucks that someone rage quit and you were placed in that match to fill the space. But by rage quitting yourself you have now put someone else in that same situation. So, you are just as guilty and just as much part of the problem. Its a cycle that by taking one loss like a man you can do your part in preventing.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to ct1486

ct1486 wrote:

So he should take a loss because someone else raged? I think there should be an option to not join games that have already started. Running solo is near impossible in this game due to being put in one sided games.

That's the disadvantage of playing solo. You'll end up in matches in progress due to players leaving that match you just joined.

If there was an option for not joining a match in progress, those matches in progress would end up in forfeits more often just because no one else is filling up.

Let's just say you're destroying the opposing team and most of them rage quit, you'll end up with a forfeit or playing against 1 player just because your match isn't filling up with new players.

Simple solution is to play in a party if you hate joining a match in progress.

Don't blame the game, blame the players who can't handle a beating....which eventually leaves you to replace them once they leave.

Level 51

/agrees with vims

also the host migration could be caused by simply the hosts connection cant handle the game when it starts better that than a horrible sessions as theres a bad host

Level 75

Studios