It's never been done before, but can they do it? I'll probably get flamed for this, but I really don't care. I feel most of the Scorestreaks' score:usefullness ratio is a bit too high.
- UAV is currently 350. It's fine.
- RC-XD is currently 450. It's fine.
- Hunter Killer is currently 525. It's fine.
- Care Package is currently 550. It's fine.
- Counter-UAV is currently 600. For that? Arguably less usefull than the UAV, and it costs nearly twice the amount of points. Lower it to 475.
- Guardian is currently 650. It's fine.
- Hellstorm Missile is currently 700. A 6-7 killstreak Preadator Missile. Not worth it. Lower it to 575.
- Lightning Strike is currently 750. Although it is effective, it's not worth it's current requirement. Lower it to 600.
- Sentry Gun is currently 800. This one is pretty close. Lower it to 725.
- Death Machine is currently 850. You're still technically getting gun kills yourself, but it only counts a fraction of what it normally would. For that, lower it to 675.
- War Machine is currently 900. Pretty useless unless you have high ground. Same situation as Death Machine in terms of gun kills. Lower it to 750.
- Dragonfire is currently 975. For what it takes to acquire, this one is BY FAR the most useless. It might as well shoot cotton balls, and it damn-near takes less bullets to shoot it down than it does to kill someone with it. Lower it to 700.
- A.G.R is currently 1000. Pretty close. Lower it to 900.
- Stealth Chopper is currently 1100. Gets shot down a bit too easy to be worth that. Lower it to 975.
- Orbital VSAT is currently 1200. It's really good, but not for 1200. Lower it to 1000
- Escort Drone is currently 1250. Farily far from worth it. Lower it to 950.
- EMP Systems is currently 1300. Does anything need to be said? Lower it to way down to 850.
Pretty much anything after these is simply too high. They're gotten too infrequently to make it worthwhile, even for good players:
- Warthog is currently 1400. That for a carpet bomb/strafe run? No. Lower it to 925.
- Lodestar is currently 1500. Just too high. Lower it to 1100
- VTOL Warship is currently 1600. Same deal as Lodestar. Lower it to 1200
- K9 Unit is currently 1700. Same deal as the last two. Lower it to 1300.
- Swarm is currently 1900. Absolutely without a doubt not worth it. Lower it to 1400.
The new lineup:
UAV - 350
RC-XD - 450
Counter-UAV - 475
Hunter Killer - 525
Care Package - 550
Hellstorm Missile - 575
Lightning Strike - 600
Guardian - 650
Death Machine - 675
Dragonfire - 700
Sentry Gun - 725
War Machine - 750
EMP Systems - 850
A.G.R. - 900
Warthog - 925
Escort Drone - 950
Stealth Chopper - 975
Orbital VSAT - 1000
Lodestar - 1100
VTOL Warship - 1200
K9 Unit - 1300
Swarm - 1400
I think this would also help dramatically with the UAV/Care Package spam we're experiencing. Players wouldn't have to use these lower-end rewards because the higher ones are so far out of reach. Am I the best player in the world? No. Do I think this change would make the game more fun for me? Yes. Do think this change would make the game more fun for most of the community? Yes.
Thanks for reading.
You wouldn't be able to move most of the time, I can just imagine being up against a K9 Unit and a Swarm at the same time
But they're still roughly 12-14 killstreaks, respecitvely. How often do you see that in this game? More specifically, how often would you see that from someone who is running those specific rewards?
There's no such thing as killstreaks in this game.
You'd probably see people hitting that in objective modes more often than you'd think, and when people saw the requirements had been dropped quite a few people would stick a high-end scorestreak on just in case.
In demo you could probably get one of the high end ones by killing a few defenders, planting, killing a couple more defenders who're defusing and of course blowing up your bomb. That streak is pulled off all the time when I'm playing.
I would like to see Counter-UAV lowered, other than that I don't see the need for changes at this point.
Your revised numbers will be good for TDM, in my opinion.
I think Treyarch focused so hard on rewarding objecitve gameplay, that TDM totally got lost in the mix. In my opinion, the current numbers are a bit too high even for objectives, but TDM got downright butchered in this regard. What numbers work for one gametype may not work for another.
Good for TDM only. Any other game mode hell no
I agrees the Counter UAV needs to be a little lower. Main reason I don't use it is its not worth the trouble of getting it and it getting shot down for 600 points.
These scorestreaks seem fine to me. You have to play the objectives. Play K/C and run and pick up tags. You don't even have to get kills. They finally got it right. They are harder to get now and it should be. Seemed on mw3 there was always a predator or attack chopper in the air. They were just too easy to get. Also no support killstreaks, good idea. Too easy to get. Death streaks gone. Thank you. And 2nd chance gone. Thank you.