COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.

in reply to iivrruummii

That's why I like TDM - the mode with least scorestreaks. I think it is way too easy to get overpowered scorestreaks in objective game modes.

I enjoy the idea of scorestreaks, but like everything in BO2, it is too easy and cheap.

Level 8

in reply to Arti4

I don't mind things like a helicopter or a death machine, but the loadstar and warship have to go.  Swarm and Dogs need to be gone completely.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

As long as you take the UAV with you I'm good with it.

Level 25

in reply to Arti4

Have to agree with you there.  When I join a TDM game in progress, if I get put on a badly losing team, it probably means the enemy team has (at worst!) a UAV up with a Stealth Chopper and some guy running around with a Death Machine.  That's managable.  But in the rare instance that I play Domination, if I join a game in progress I make sure to come in with a class with Blind Eye and Cold Blooded, lest my poor team is being pounded by a Warthog and VTOL Warship at the same time.

Level 7

in reply to RAN Kismet

You know, I think the problem in BO2 is that the devs went too far in trying to get people to play the objective.

Play TDM, and in the average game you won't see a Scorestreak higher than a Lightning Strike or Sentry Gun called in -- and sometimes not even that.

Whereas, a lot of Domination games kick off round 2 with one team deploying an Orbital VSAT plus Lodestar or worse.

I mean, 200 points for a capture, plus an extra 25 points per kill if its a capture/defend kill?  Stack that with Hardline and all of a sudden, streaks that are extremely difficult to obtain in FFA or TDM are obtained rather too easily.

Getting a Warthog in TDM takes a 14 gun kill streak (12 with Hardline).  But in Domination with Hardline on, say you cap your opening flag and two enemy flags, killing three enemies who are guarding near those flags along the way. How many more kills out in the open do you need for that Warthog?

Just 4.  Seven total kills instead of fourteen.  Only six total if you've gotten a bit of UAV assist (which of course you have).  Sure, you risk death more readily going for captures, but still... when you barely need more than Bloodthirsty streaks to unlock some of the deadliest air support in your arsenal, something seems wrong.

Level 7

in reply to RAN Kismet

3-5-7 was the best, it wasn't to much and keeped the gameflow going. Rewards like Dogs, Swarm, Lodestar, Warship are to much.

Go back to 3-5-7 with different Streak Tier packages similar to MW3. You can only choose one of the follow packages.

Tier 1:

UAV

Hellfire

Helicopter

Tier 2:

UAV

Airstrike

Stealth Bomber

Tier 3:

CUAV

you get the idea behind it.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

FixBlops2 wrote:

3-5-7 was the best, it wasn't to much and keeped the gameflow going. Rewards like Dogs, Swarm, Lodestar, Warship are to much.

Go back to 3-5-7 with different Streak Tier packages similar to MW3. You can only choose one of the follow packages.

Tier 1:

UAV

Hellfire

Helicopter

Tier 2:

UAV

Airstrike

Stealth Bomber

Tier 3:

CUAV

you get the idea behind it.

I very much agree with your POV.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

Thank you. Very good thread by the way.

This whole idea of the Reward Packages is so no one can run Dogs, VSAT and Swarm at the same time. If someone wants for example a Stealth Chopper then he has to pick the package where its included. A package should always include a low level reward like the UAV or CUAV, a middle reward like Hellfire or Airstrike and a high reward like Stealth Helicopter, Warthog. And get rid of the super overpowered rewards completely.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

FixBlops2 wrote:

Thank you. Very good thread by the way.

This whole idea of the Reward Packages is so no one can run Dogs, VSAT and Swarm at the same time. If someone wants for example a Stealth Chopper then he has to pick the package where its included. A package should always include a low level reward like the UAV or CUAV, a middle reward like Hellfire or Airstrike and a high reward like Stealth Helicopter, Warthog. And get rid of the super overpowered rewards completely.

TBH... my 10 year old mentioned the same thing as you did. He's been playing COD4 recently on his PC and noted how much he preferred the 3-5-7 approach. If a 10 year old can see the difference...? Makes me chuckle.

I personally feel they should keep streaks as points, limit the number which can be up at one time, taior the value it takes to earn to the game mode (more for DOM and KC, less for TDM), and make them tiers.

I played TDM a few days ago and really noticed how few streaks there were flying around. A lot less busy than KC. If KC had the same number of streaks but kept it's pace...

... RAN would be a happy boy.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

You have a smart son, maybe he will become a multiplayer desginer one day.

I agree with you on the pointstreak thing, i know many people especially the youtube guys want TDM to be the same as KC with all the planes in the air but i honestly like TDM as it is right now, TDM should be more focused on gun battles and not scorestreaks.

You can advance the Tier Packages even further and make some packages "killstreaks only (only kills count)" others packages "scorestreaks (playing objective counts to your streak)". But support streak packages where you can die is a bad idea in my opinion, people should not be rewarded for being bad at the game. Also carepackges should be removed from the game.

Level 24

Studios