Bloodthirsty Medals

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Bloodthirsty Medals

Hello,

Just a topic to see if anybody could shed some light on a topic that's been confusing me for some time.

For most of the Gun Camo Challenges, to achieve the 'Skulls' Camo you need to earn a certain number of Bloodthirsty medals (5 Kill Streak). Getting these Bloodthirsty medals isn't an issue, but having them reflect correctly towards challenges is what's causing me some confusion.

To try and isolate what was causing the discrepancy between how many Bloodythirsty medals I get in-game, and how many are counted towards my challenges I have tried stripping my classes right back to the individual gun and perks only, no secondaries, lethals or tacticals and no scorestreaks thinking that maybe the damage caused by Shock Charges or some other factor was causing them not to count, but I still can't figure it out.

Some games I get 3 Bloodthirsty medals, and all 3 count, other games I get 4 and only 1 is counted.

Is anybody able to shed some light on this?

Level 3
37 REPLIES

Re: Bloodthirsty Medals

in reply to mike_

It could be because not all kills for the Bloodthirsty was done with the gun. Let's say you get 3 kills with the gun and two kills with a grenade or something, you'd get the medal in-game but it won't count for the camo. You'd need to get two more kills with the gun for it to count, and you could die before that happens.

Level 3

in reply to SymbioticMenace

Yes that's correct, and that's why I've stripped the classes back to the gun only so that no kills can be earned other the way in which I need them to be.

I guess my question should be, is anyone else experiencing this? I've reviewed my theatre footage to ensure that all the kills were 100% with the gun and for me at least it's not matching up.

Level 3

in reply to mike_

I've never experienced this personally; I assume it's an odd glitch that Treyarch needs to sort out.

Level 3

in reply to mike_

I've had a similar issue but with kill steak kills. For example one map I got 4 kills with a death machine. At the end of the match I even had 4 decimated medals at the end of the round but the game says I only have 1 death machine kill. It is what it is. Just keep playing!

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to Hammered2

If the scorestreak comes from a care package, it needs to be unlocked in order for it to count.  If you got that death machine from a carepackage, you would need to have the Death Machine scorestreak unlocked in order for kills to count.  Hopefully that makes sense.

Level 13

in reply to Hammered2

This also happens to me, after the update they made recently

Level 1

in reply to mike_

Make sure the 5th kill is with your weapon... then it will count.

Smiley Wink

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to mike_

It doesn't matter if you get kills with any other weapon in between, as long as you get 5 kills with 1 gun without dying, you get a bloodthirsty for that gun, even if you don't technically get the medal on your 5th kill this way.

Level 22

in reply to Noob_Lyncher

Interesting to read, I'll keep this in mind when I'm doing my pistol kills. I was under the impression all 5 had to be with the weapon, but I'll give it a try. Still, this would only serve to confuse me even further as to why the kills don't count. I've reviewed game after game in theatre and can't for the life of me figure out why some aren't counting. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Level 3

Studios