Black Ops 2 biggest problem is not Lag, its the Rage Quiters

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Black Ops 2 biggest problem is not Lag, its the Rage Quiters

in reply to Barkebain

I get host quite a lot because I have a good connection and that causes me to have no chance of playing a fair game.

All of your points are exactly why I quit and if I set aside an hour of my free time to play some games I often spend most of that hour just quitting and re-joining to no avail.

I always thought it would be solved by giving us the choice of what server we joined based on location and our ping to the server but that would require dedicated servers. The game is so full of idiots and squeakers because it is so simple to join. I'd happily spend a few minutes filtering down specific servers if I knew I was going to get a good game and I wouldn't rage quit if I knew I chose to be on the server.

To be honest though I love it when I rage quit then I see 'migrating hosts' on the screen. Then I know I've annoyed everyone and also know my game was so bad because I was host!

Level 3

in reply to FixBlops2

I just got put in a game of demo where there was dogs followed by swarm followed by this that and the other. All because people can't handle fighting their way out the spawn so they quit. The spawn was infested but with a bit of work, it was cleared. People need to either play a different game mode or learn to fight their way out of their spawn. It's through a lack of skill people are able to get to the spawn anyway. Don't camp and you'll be able to hold a line at the objective. Every game I play I now expect host migration and I have that horrible feeling of crap it's going to lag out every time I see it. Not got when you're 50 points of a streak or got streaks stacked. I use quite high scorestreaks and save them for appropriate moments.

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to FixBlops2

OP, it's your fault for staying.

Level 20

in reply to SanAndreasPsych1

Yes but i don't want to leave every second match.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

People quit because of the lag, simples!

Level 9

in reply to FixBlops2

There is nothing you can do against ragequitting, because it all has to do with people's attitude

Ragequitters (which in my book is different from LAG quitters, which is understandable), believe the world owns them everthings.  They can't stand the thought of loosing, they can't stand that they have to work to obtain something, they can't stand the idea that somebody might be better then them.

I personally believe that your online behaviour is a direct reflection of your real life behaviour.  If you ragequit in this game, what will make you endure real life where nothing is fair and easy.

"Don't think the world owns you anything, it was here before you"

Level 3

in reply to Cowboy_Torry1

Yes, many people are simply scared to play vs competition (number of players in League proofs it). It seems that a lot of the CoD players today want nothing but pubstomp, which takes no skill to beat a team that isn't that good.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

Lag isn't the problem? Lag is always a problem. In a game where gun fights come down to the second you can't  have players ahead of others by a second or two. The player behind has little to no hope of winning that gun fight and that is a FACT. Put me head to head with yourself and let me see you 2 second before you see me. You will be put down before you can react. This is why you hear people saying I got killed by 1 bullet because the enemy already pumped them full of bullets and the last one was all they had time to see. Untill the kill cam shows them that the other player has a time advantage. Lets be real the way this game lags it is the biggest problem. There is no way eney player can say that being a second behind is not a problem. And the way its set up now the host gets raped with baby powder.

Level 1

in reply to S_Varies

The lag is the reason this game is so bad and put that together with the way most of the community play's on this game doing anything just to get that precious kill by either camping, head glitching and abusing OP weapons then its pointless staying on this game for more than 1 match. In my opinion the devs messed this game up and like i said most of people that play this game ruined it aswell because people care about stats too much, games are supposed to be fun but people feel the need to ruin it for others i am done buying another call of duty and i gave this game a chance but it needs to be sold now.

Level 1

in reply to FixBlops2

1 second behind getting no hit markers = rage quit. Not going to pad someones stats because Treyarch refuses to repair faulty netcode and artificial lag.

Level 21

Studios