Black Ops 2 biggest problem is not Lag, its the Rage Quiters

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Black Ops 2 biggest problem is not Lag, its the Rage Quiters

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Everything that reduceds the ragequits would be good in my opinion.

Level 24

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Run_N_Gunning_Camper wrote:

They should have the option to make the stats private. 3Arch also needs to stop trying too hard to push BO2 as an eSport game. 

Anything to reduce the rage quitting would be great. Playlists unaffecting stats would be my preferable option as players would care less about how they do and just play for fun. (in public lobbies)

I don't mind the eSport agenda. To me, it's encouraging players to try to win and to experience some competitive play. I enjoy close matches. It's a good feeling when a match is down to the wire and you win by say one kill or a point in Domination.

However, I'm sure there are players who just want to run around with knives & tomahawks, snipe or use bad weapons in which isn't suitable in a eSport environment. This is why I would suggest a playlist that you can still fully rank up in, your stats don't get affected and it's just for the popular game modes (No Demo, CTF, HQ etc).

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

The most fun matches are the close ones i agree, especially in Domination.

Level 24

in reply to vims2011

You have some good points. I think people quit because of the lag. Could you have fun playing this game and for the most part be 1 second behind the enemy in almost every game? If you like being killed that is the only way you could have fun with it. And who loves to lose gun fights when you see yourself shooting the enemy 1st just to be put down. The kill cam shows the enemy shooting you 1st. It is a very unfair disadvantage to be a second behind the enemy in a game where gun fights come down to the second. I don't blame people for quitting if its because they are 1 second behind the enemy. The same thing happend in Black ops 1.This is a problem on XBox and PS3. I don't know about the WII U. This is the biggest problem and needs to be fixed 1st.

Level 1

in reply to S_Varies

There's no doubt in my mind that lag is the cause of rage quitting.

But how often do players rage quit when games aren't going their way? I find it selfish that players are happy to stay in when they do well but once they do bad, they leave not even half way through a match in progress.

I thought that it was my scorestreaks that made players quit but once I switched to team support scorestreaks (no Lodestar, no Swarm, no Dogs etc), people still left.

YouTubers are hypocritical when it comes to rage quitting. Whilst they complain about people leaving their "YouTube worthy" matches, they leave when their match isn't considered "YouTube worthy" to watch.

It's gone to the point where most COD players believe that everyone's a winner.

Level 51

in reply to FixBlops2

The MAIN cause of rage quitting when it comes to clans vs randoms is spawn trapping. No one like spawning, taking two steps and getting hammered. I admit that I have done it, because it is so so easy to do. And if ur not doing it, the other team is. It's as simple as that. Remove the ability to spawn trap, u remove the majority of rage quits.

Also, the new probation notice that's going around where u get a 5min suspension is rediculous. It's happened to me and I don't rage quit. I only leave if the connection is horrible or i get an invite to another party. Or i have to go for some reason which is more important than finishing a video game. I believe everyone has the right to leave under these circumstances. When I did get the 5 min ban, once it was up i played one game. It finished and i went from kill confirmed to capture the flag and i got THE SAME 5 min ban.

Level 1

in reply to Lerchylurr1

When my team of randoms ragequits then we were never spawn trapped, you can't spawn trap in KC. People are already leaving the match 1 minute after it has started, its ridicolous.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

you can spawn trap in any team game....if the team works together to sit a bit behind half way on the map so the spawn does not flip it is easy to spawn trap. In terms of KC, all they need is a dedicated tag runner to get the points.

Level 1

in reply to Lerchylurr1

Thats not spawn trapping in my opinion, its playing smart and can easily be countered with smoke grenades and MMS attachements, flashbangs and all the good stuff, if a team can not break out of it then its their own fault.

Spawn trapping to me is when you aim at the exact position where the enemy spawns and he has no chance of fighting back.

Stand Off for example is so easy to break out with smoke grenades, i personally had never the problem of being trapped in and CoD. I don't play Demolition.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

aiming at the spawn point is spawn killing....spawn TRAPPING is watching each pathway the other team has to run when leaving their spawn area. that's what i meant.

You are right that good players can escape the spawn but most are not good enough which is why they rage quit.

Level 1

Studios