Black Ops 2 biggest problem is not Lag, its the Rage Quiters

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Black Ops 2 biggest problem is not Lag, its the Rage Quiters

in reply to FixBlops2

As a forever alone random, I agree.

Here are my keys to whether to stay or exit game:

1. Look at the Lobby Leaderboard During the Lobby Countdown
    1. If I'm on the bottom, immediately leave.  This match will be very frustrating and I'll wind up exiting the game after going 0-10 anyway...
    2. If I'm in the #1 or 2 slot, by all means stay.  I'm a below average player so if this is a lobby of people worse than me, I'm staying and will run around like an idiot.  (Actually if I am in the #1 slot, I figure that there must be something wrong with everyone else's calculations ).
    3. If I'm in the middle (which is usual), I'll look at the spread between myself and the lobby leaders.  I'll almost always stay unless the top couple people have 2-3 times my SPM and a heck of a lot of kills in that game mode.
  2. Look at the Score Ranking from the Previous Match
    1. Do the top 3 or 4 show that they are in a party with the same clan tag?  If so, then I wait until the final countdown to see if I've been assigned to their team for this match.  If not, I'm leaving for the same reason as 1.1 above.
  3. When Added to a Game Already in Progress
    1. Check out the score BEFORE selecting a class.  The BACK button is your friend.  If you join a Domination match on a team losing 0 - 170 you're going to have a bad time.  Just don't select a class and have the server time you out.  Get a drink, walk the dog, whatever...
    2. If I join a fairly close game and there are dogs, a swarm, or I'm killed 5 times within my first 30 seconds of gameplay then I'm leaving.  Not fun, even if the killstreaks are from a care package.
    3. I don't automatically press the button to respawn as soon as I'm killed.  I've been killed too many times by what feels like the same lightning strike, carpet bomb, AC-130 shell because I was too intent on getting right back into the action.  Watch that killcam in core mode.  You can learn how you died, where the enemy was, and can then adjust your class to take out the enemy player.
    4. If the other team are 360 quickscoping then I'll stay.  After all, their bedtime is probably in a few minutes anyway...

The bottom line is that you have to play smart.  Especially when you don't have the natural talent and are being outclassed by much better players.

Level 2

in reply to jw415gvr

jw415gvr wrote:

As a forever alone random, I agree.

Here are my keys to whether to stay or exit game:

1. Look at the Lobby Leaderboard During the Lobby Countdown
    1. If I'm on the bottom, immediately leave.  This match will be very frustrating and I'll wind up exiting the game after going 0-10 anyway...
    2. If I'm in the #1 or 2 slot, by all means stay.  I'm a below average player so if this is a lobby of people worse than me, I'm staying and will run around like an idiot.  (Actually if I am in the #1 slot, I figure that there must be something wrong with everyone else's calculations ).
    3. If I'm in the middle (which is usual), I'll look at the spread between myself and the lobby leaders.  I'll almost always stay unless the top couple people have 2-3 times my SPM and a heck of a lot of kills in that game mode.
  2. Look at the Score Ranking from the Previous Match
    1. Do the top 3 or 4 show that they are in a party with the same clan tag?  If so, then I wait until the final countdown to see if I've been assigned to their team for this match.  If not, I'm leaving for the same reason as 1.1 above.
  3. When Added to a Game Already in Progress
    1. Check out the score BEFORE selecting a class.  The BACK button is your friend.  If you join a Domination match on a team losing 0 - 170 you're going to have a bad time.  Just don't select a class and have the server time you out.  Get a drink, walk the dog, whatever...
    2. If I join a fairly close game and there are dogs, a swarm, or I'm killed 5 times within my first 30 seconds of gameplay then I'm leaving.  Not fun, even if the killstreaks are from a care package.
    3. I don't automatically press the button to respawn as soon as I'm killed.  I've been killed too many times by what feels like the same lightning strike, carpet bomb, AC-130 shell because I was too intent on getting right back into the action.  Watch that killcam in core mode.  You can learn how you died, where the enemy was, and can then adjust your class to take out the enemy player.
    4. If the other team are 360 quickscoping then I'll stay.  After all, their bedtime is probably in a few minutes anyway...

The bottom line is that you have to play smart.  Especially when you don't have the natural talent and are being outclassed by much better players.

2.1. Thats true, partys are very dominant in this game. In previous CoDs i could take out a whole clan but in this game its not that easy anymore because your team mates will give them free scorestreaks, its always this way. You are the best of your team while all your random team mates go negative.

3.1. Thats what i do, and many people too. I see no point of playing a losing game but i don't timeout, i leave the match (i don't care about my W/L ratio, its already bad enough). I lobby surf till i find a match that isn't in progress. I hate join in progress matches.

3.2. No one likes being put in this kind of matches.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

A better way to reduce rage quitting to completely remove stats from the game OR create a playlist where players can still rank up as they normally do now but K/D or W/L is unaffected. I'll also add that it's mercenary based, no party or clan can join. It'll have TDM, KC and DOM only.

Yes, I know we have combat training objectives but you're playing against bots, it gives you XP at half the rate and your challenges and headshots towards camo don't count. Just give players a way to ignore their stats and rank up for fun without worrying about stats.

Please don't ask for deathstreaks to return. I don't think I could handle seeing Final Stand or Dead Man's Nuke return to the game.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

vims1990 wrote:

A better way to reduce rage quitting to completely remove stats from the game OR create a playlist where players can still rank up as they normally do now but K/D or W/L is unaffected. I'll also add that it's mercenary based, no party or clan can join. It'll have TDM, KC and DOM only.

vims1990, you have my vote for the next president election!

I hated deathstreaks as much as all you guys but it seems the only way to stop people from ragequiting.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

FixBlops2 wrote:

I hated deathstreaks as much as all you guys but it seems the only way to stop people from ragequiting.

Eh, I don't think Deathstreaks helped either side.

Players who died to deathstreaks when on a good streak raged quit and the players who were constantly "juiced" or pooping out grenades still left the game.

It's all about the stats at the end of the day.

Typical COD logic for most of the community is that if you're going negative, you leave. There are games where I do terrible yet I still play to the end but if I have those matches where I'm dominating, you end up with the opposing team rage quitting which really isn't fair.

I had a great match playing the objective, getting 2 swarms yet by the end of the game, it was 6 vs 1. I guess players don't know the counters provided when an enemy team call in swarms or any other scorestreak reward in the game.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

Thats a good idea, remove or hide the stats so people will play for fun again not for stats.

Swarms is the easiest thing to counter, Blindeye.

Level 24

in reply to vims2011

vims1990 wrote:

Yes, I know we have combat training objectives but you're playing against bots, it gives you XP at half the rate and your challenges and headshots towards camo don't count. Just give players a way to ignore their stats and rank up for fun without worrying about stats.

Please don't ask for deathstreaks to return. I don't think I could handle seeing Final Stand or Dead Man's Nuke return to the game.

I agree.  Or at least have stats where only friends can see them.  Now that everyone's stats can be looked up on Elite people often play the games with that in mind.  I play COD4 and WaW and notice people are actually playing for fun and they're not worrying about stats too much.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

SitRepPro wrote:

I agree.  Or at least have stats where only friends can see them.  Now that everyone's stats can be looked up on Elite people often play the games with that in mind.  I play COD4 and WaW and notice people are actually playing for fun and they're not worrying about stats too much.

Definitely. There were less rage quitters in COD4/WAW due to a simple stats system, not the current COD Elite system where everyone can look at your stats.

I'll also add that since the killstreak system has evolved to stronger and deadlier killstreaks, there are so many quitters.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

Yes, thats true, they should remove the lobby leaderboard and make stats private and friends only.

Like i said, vims1990 for president.

Level 24

in reply to vims2011

HAHA My stats are better than yours! Get on my level, son.

They should have the option to make the stats private. 3Arch also needs to stop trying too hard to push BO2 as an eSport game. 

Level 35

Studios