Black Ops 2 Lag Compensation VIDEO PROOF - @DavidVonderhaar

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Black Ops 2 Lag Compensation VIDEO PROOF - @DavidVonderhaar

in reply to wildgator25

wildgator25 wrote:

maccabi, not trying to bash, but why is it when I tried all of your "fixes" in the White Elegaphant thread, did it not resolve my issues with MW3 or this game?

I don't dispute your knowledge of the workings of P2P gaming, but you come off as condescending to people when they tell you about their issues with this game.

because nothing in the elgaphant is a fix. nor were they ever advertised as fixes. all the elagaphant ever was was a guide to making sure you correctly set up your network and console. If you are having issues and in doing so fixes those issues (as the buffer bloat thing aptly demonstrates then the problem wasnt the game but your own system )

and its not condensending theres a limit to how many times you can repeat the same thing to the same people who catagorically refuse to believe their "theory" isn't correct.

Every video that shows what i saw what the server saw is flawed. the devs have explained this numerous times since theatre and killcams ere used as "proof"

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Soooooo when you set up your network correctly, and the server chooses you as the host, then "technically" you should be ahead of the other participants that are pinging to you, correct? If that "assumption" is correct, then why would the information that is relayed to you by the server be "behind" you on your screen. i.e. The character model of the other participant is ahead of you by (?ms), yet you are the host and should "technically" be ahead of that person. Hence the term that is tossed around, lag compensation (which I know is not the true definition of this made up phenomenon), your (host) connection is delayed (compensated) to an extent to even the playing ground.

But I could be wrong.......

Level 3

in reply to asianman12

Well I guess that scenario all depends on the integrity of the folks at Treyarch. LOL Are they shady mechanics who will hear people scream "Lag Comp!" and tell everyone that's not the problem and do nothing (becuase technically that really isn't the problem). 

Or...will they hear "Lag Comp!" and watch the videos and say "Umm ya that is actually a matchmaking issue but rest assured we are working on it."

I see your point of view but I think at this point you are wasting your breath.  I can openly listen to any one of the experts on here and see their perspective on the issue but the majority are going to hang onto this "lag compenstation" term as I think it has reached pop-culture status.

Personally, whatever the issue is I just hope they can iron it out and they can do it faster than IW did with MW3 because it took months before I found that game enjoyable again.

Level 13

in reply to avngr9

Awesome analogy avngr9. I will be the first to admit that for some odd reason (and I say odd, because I haven't changed my setups/personal skill level/internet connection-settings), the game has been much smoother the past two days. I imagine there are folks on the receiving end of my shots who are experiencing what I have been complaining about as well because some of my kills have been complete BS (I know they shot first, but I won the fight..... 1-3 bullet kills as opposed to 10-15..... etc.)

I would just like as well for the devs to say what they "think/know" the problem is and either they can fix it or they can't. Then we, as consumers, can decide whether we want to wait out the fix or move on if we can't deal with the issues.

Level 3

in reply to MLGTWISTED

as a few others have discovered, the REAL problem is skill based matchmaking INSTEAD of ping based match makeing.

fix that and you fix the lag issues you are having. will you still have lag? OF COURSE. will it be as easily picked up by the human brain? NO. because in ping based match making you will be in lobbies where lag is MINIMAL.

Level 18

You are not going to fix lag with any "fix". This is Internet based gaming. There will always be lag.

Level 25

in reply to asianman12

did you somehow have an issue comprehending my post?

Level 18

I'm on my phone. I can only see so much text at a time. So it may seem that way.

Level 25

in reply to asianman12

That's a cop out. The reason people are complaining is because there is a huge difference between the lag here and the lag in the past. People never complained about MW2 or Blops1. Sure, there was lag here and there, bullshit here and there, but it wasn't a big deal and happened only occasionally.

Now with MW3 and Blops 2, its a horrible disparity in fairness. For some people, game after game after game of the bullshit we would sometimes see in past CoD titles is the norm in this one. I've put 20 hours into this game and there were only two games I remember where I was actually able to live when I ducked around corners, actually able to kill the whole enemy team consistently when I blew them away with a shotgun.

In Blops1, with 3 bar, 4 bar, or Host, I would commonly pull 2-5 K/Ds in most games with any of the 4 shotguns in the game. Now, these shotties are more powerful, yet I struggle to stay above a 1 in every single game. Why? Because I am constantly killed by people who haven't even come around the corner yet. Because I can shoot a guy in the back, point blank and standing still, only to have him spin 180 and kill me before I even pump the next round, further learning from the killcam that he reacted and I shot into the thin air he was standing in a second before. This kind of shit didn't happen in CoD 4-7. This is why people are complaining. It's not because we're seeking for something to blame - it's just the problem is too pervasive, common, noticeable to sanely deny.

You Lag Comp deniers swear up and down that the system is fine, it's all in our heads, it's not as bad as we make it, etc. But what are we supposed to think when we accurately shoot people and get no hitmarkers, while they kill us instantly? What are we supposed to think when we get killed a clear 2-3 seconds after ducking safely behind cover? What are we supposed to think when we notice that our very best games are played on three bars, and when we get 4 or Host it seems like every enemy has a second+ advantage on you? I emphasize again, this didn't happen in past CoDs.

My internet hasn't changed. I didn't konk my head and forget how to play. I've seen all bars and all hosts of all the post games - I know what fair looks like. Saying "Oh it's just lag, get used to it" is a cop out. The difference between the past CoDs and these most recent two ones is too extreme to mark down to just "that's what you get by playing online." It's something else. It's something about these games and the way they were made.

Level 2

in reply to MLGTWISTED

A somewhat interesting thread has been derailed again. /leaving

Level 16

Studios