Black Ops 2 Lag Compensation VIDEO PROOF - @DavidVonderhaar

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Black Ops 2 Lag Compensation VIDEO PROOF - @DavidVonderhaar

in reply to wildgator25

wildgator25 wrote:

To asianman12, starbuckfrack, and maccabi.....

Please explain why you think the game runs so smooth on your connection and the other people on here are delirious. What do you have that we don't have? Is it the new Xbox slim vs. the old? Do you have Gigabyte connections vs the lowly Megabyte that most others have? Are you all MLG players?

I know the above sounds sarcastic, and to some point it is..... but since you three seem to know how our connections are crap, then your connections have to be darn near exactly the same and I would like to copycat you guys so that I can get off these forums and play with no lag ever again!

Please dont think for one minute the game runs fine 100% of the time for me it doesn't, but my problems are down to matchmaking, and expected luanch day niggles.

This is the thing people aren't getting. Matchmaking places you in the best session it can, obviously the best session would be one where you and everyone else in the session has a low ping to the host. This is why if you look at everything 3arc have said so far there has been no mention of "lag comp" but lots about matchmaking.

Also when a game is new everyone is eligible to be host if they have enough upload bandwidth, as the game goes on people get blacklisted as hosts as their connection (for whatever reason) just cant handle being host even though they have enough upload (and bear in mind this upload measurement is done with no stresses being put on the hosts connection) Host migration occurs when the game detects the hosts connection cant cope.

Im not saying this applies to you but the majority of the people complaining about being out of sync ect are doing so on the basis they died and then they looked at the killcam and as it wasnt the same decided it was lag comp which is wrong and the point we're all trying to explain to people.

end of the day and as i keep saying when you die in game it doesnt matter how the end result is you were going to die whatever.

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote:

Also when a game is new everyone is eligible to be host if they have enough upload bandwidth, as the game goes on people get blacklisted as hosts as their connection (for whatever reason) just cant handle being host even though they have enough upload (and bear in mind this upload measurement is done with no stresses being put on the hosts connection) Host migration occurs when the game detects the hosts connection cant cope.

So, help me understand this one then. If the game chose me as host on Sunday and it "seemed" like everyone was shooting and killing me faster than they should be and my guns take 5 times as many bullets to kill a stationary target.....

then why does the game play completely opposite the past two days when I am host? My Kill/Death ratio for the past two days is 3.66, whereas I was lucky to get 1.0 for almost two weeks. I haven't changed ISP's or any settings. Host then should be host now right? Or did Treyarch "secretly" changed something Sunday night/Monday morning-day?

Level 3

in reply to MLGTWISTED

These people who are trying to correct others on the proper term to use on the issue of this game is hilarious. What does it matter, what the issue is called? There is a clear fact BO2 is broken. I been playing since COD4 with the same internet connection and never had issue until now. The same goes for my crew of 6 other people i play with daily. I decided to finally join the forum because i need answers on this matter as well.

Level 1

in reply to AlexanderMcKing

You know this response is so generic to me. 

"I have been playing since this game and it was fine until now".  I see this in every COD forum after a new game is released.  It might be a different person but the response is always the same. "I have been playing fine since COD4 so why is it this game different?"  Maybe because it's a whole different game?

O.O?!?!!?!

Level 25

in reply to AlexanderMcKing

AlexanderMcKing wrote:

These people who are trying to correct others on the proper term to use on the issue of this game is hilarious. What does it matter, what the issue is called? There is a clear fact BO2 is broken. I been playing since COD4 with the same internet connection and never had issue until now. The same goes for my crew of 6 other people i play with daily. I decided to finally join the forum because i need answers on this matter as well.

Um.... +1

Who cares what the official terminology is. So ok I get that these guys post saying you can't believe what you see with your eyes. That's not what really happened. You are all bad players with terrible internet.

This game has coding which is based on 1's and 0's and mathematical equations. Recording a game with a pvr shows exactly what was displayed during the game. The theater mode is the recording information about the game and then is played back for you to see.

So I'm supposed to believe that when watching a killcam, or watching theater mode that the recorded data is somehow wrong? As if the coding was recorded incorrectly by the systems, and it just happens to be recorded incorrectly to show someone enter a room before they did on my screen?

Level 4

in reply to MLGTWISTED

I've followed and contributed to this thread through the day and have realised I won't get any solutions here.

What I have been surprised by is that there are a small number of contributors who seem to be die hard supporters of the game and will defend it at all costs. These contributors seem to post on a fulltime basis and have between 2000 and 12000 comments each .... who are these people? I'm new to forums, but if my copy worked fine, as all of theirs apparently does, I'd be playing.

I'm here looking for a solution, but I can't figure out what they're here for?

Level 9

in reply to SeraphOne

We have been following the forums since W@W.  So our posts have accumulated since then.  They aren't all from when the Black Ops 2 forums opened.  They are from way before that.

Why make us out to be the bad guys? 

Level 25

in reply to SeraphOne

SeraphOne wrote:

I've followed and contributed to this thread through the day and have realised I won't get any solutions here.

What I have been surprised by is that there are a small number of contributors who seem to be die hard supporters of the game and will defend it at all costs. These contributors seem to post on a fulltime basis and have between 2000 and 12000 comments each .... who are these people? I'm new to forums, but if my copy worked fine, as all of theirs apparently does, I'd be playing.

I'm here looking for a solution, but I can't figure out what they're here for?

Some of us multitask ? I am working on a clients PC right now on my "day off".

Some people think its a conspiracy but its not. You might find some of our credentials looking thru the forums.

But the only reason we have so many posts is because we have been around here for years. We come in on our free time to HELP even though people think we are here to troll.

Only solution we can offer is keep your connection clean and posibly tweak some things.

But you wont find a solution really for your lag issues if you have them. The last 4 or 5 games worth of patches in other games have shown all they can do is tweak and not fix them.

If you would like we could just ignore posts like this like the devs will and let you fume over the lag in the game the next few years.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

Okay I understand.

To be honest I've enojoyed monitoring the Forum and this thread more than playing :-)

.... going online now, wish me luck!

Level 9

in reply to SeraphOne

I'm with you there SeraphOne.... I enjoy reading these forums as well. Nothing would tickle me more than for someone to post that they "TWEAKED THE P-RAM ON MY G-FLOP AND NOW BLACK OPS 2 RUNS FINE. DO THIS AND YOUR GAME WILL LAG NO MORE!"

Obviously the above was partially a quote from Pauly Shore, but that's beside the point. Many people have come on and posted how to correct this or that in your connection and your search preferences, but ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS A PERMANENT FIX. Therefore, something is either changing on Treyarch's end (which I personally believe), or we have to most instable networking system in the entire world. Well, at least the majority of us have the latter as there are a few who believe we are all idiots. <------- except Starbuck

Message was edited by: wildgator25

Level 3

Studios