Best way to get headshots with submachine guns

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Best way to get headshots with submachine guns

in reply to Uncoolx2

Uncoolx2 wrote:

sweeping either up or down a target vertically usually rewards a headshot.

This I think the best nugget in the thread (all other tips are great and I have used as well). Don't give up on the head shot- I have found that even after the opponent is "dead" that if I paint up to their head it will give me a HS even as they are already going into the death animation.

Level 12

in reply to funkyiceman1799

Play hardcore and hipfire unless you are sneaking up and have a guaranteed target , I get more headshots from hipfires then ADS. Cant explain why except to say that when i hipfire i aim center mass and the recoil works to my advantage.

Level 4

Go into hardcore

Find campers

Debrain them

???

PROFIT!

Level 7

The best answer I can give is to try and aim for the upper chest. Most SMGs will walk themselves up for a headshot.

Level 12

in reply to SoG_Hanix_PC

I second what he said, aim upper chest and let loose. I average 4 per game. Not great but it adds up.

Level 2

Hip fire no grip no laser aim chest or higher.

Level 5

FYI the Grip attachment is pretty much 99% useless or broken...test it yourselves on a wall or two....Hipfire is the best way...but I still use laser to focus the bullets better

Level 5
Highlighted

In general... aim for the chest and let the gun drift up.

Chicom: TF and select fire but aim higher for the head if you only have it set to burst.

Scorpion: Suppressor and LS. Aim chest and drift.

Getting HS is not harder in Core, tbh. You simply always aim for the chest and let the gun drift up.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

I know this sounds dumb, but I swing the controller side to side wildly and get headshots consistently doing it.  I feel like an idiot doing it because it looks like I can't aim to save my life and just got lucky, but when I remember to do this I get headshots.  Meanwhile, steadily aiming at someone's head, even if it is the only part of him visible over an obstacle, does not guarantee a headshot.

Level 15

Flack Jacket

Toughness + Scavenger/Hardwired if someone is spamming EMP nades.

Tac Mask

Foregrip + EOtech sight (EOtech reticle) + Quick draw grip

Perk 2 Greed

Primary Gunfighter

This would probably be my suggestion. I get my best headshots with the EOtech sight and the foregrip helps a lot when trying to stay on such a small target. Quick Draw is kind of self explanatory. You need that extra fast raise time to aim for the head instead of just spraying the body then moving to the head.

Toughness to reduce the flinching and keep on target. Tac Mask to avoid having your aim impaired by pesky tacticals. Scavenger to keep your weapon going through those long streaks when you really want to stay focused on this weapon only. Flack jacket for that added survivability when shooting someone who is lobbing a c4 brick to your face.

Some may prefer TF to the EOtech, but I find it to be really invasive for submachine gun classes that operate in tight spaces primarily.

Hope this helps and happy head hunting.

Level 18

Studios