BO2 is not about perks... it's about attachments

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: BO2 is not about perks... it's about attachments

in reply to SandyV

SandyV wrote:

I'm tending to agree with you.  What always pissed me off was being limited to two attachments.  Now I can choose to strip off other things and run three attachments.One of the few "diamonds in the rough" that is this iteration.

I think your trying to say that the "perks" have been muted somewhat vs. early versions of them.  Which I would also agree with.

Exactly... perks are so toned down from previous titles. But an SMG with laser sight, grip, and FMJ is f-ing awesome.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to SandyV

Only perk u need is ghost

Only attachment u need is silencer

With these 2 perks I'm at my best scavenger is usually needed but blops 2 lag means I don't get on a friggin 4 streak lol never mind a vitol

Only useful attachments I'd say are silencer maybe ex mags and stock

The rest are gimicky but it's good as lots of people use them things like the laser for hip fire lol

I can hipfire fine so it's nice that you don't need a perk to get a tighter spread. You just need to be able to aim lol

Level 1

in reply to Wowimpissed

This.....I've been pretty successful hip firing without the laser sight and personally it's distracting.

Level 4
Highlighted

in reply to SandyV

SandyV wrote:

This.....I've been pretty successful hip firing without the laser sight and personally it's distracting.

I think it aids in aiming overall... but it really helps with hipfire.

RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

What i've noticed is the the perks in this game are basically the same as the pro perks in other games and the attachements (some of them) are the same as the basic perks in the other cod's. Laser sight =steady aim. quickdraw= attachement. sleight of hand = attachement. This pick 10 is awesome imo. You can make a super soldier with all perks plus weapon perks. Or you can make a basic runner. I made a class with only a secondary weapon that is truly a fun class. Fast enough to see lots of action.

Level 9

in reply to RAN Kismet

This game is overly attachment happy imo. Instead of going overkill, you can have a much more potent gun in just adding one more attachment to it. Guns with 3 attachments are normally beastly and there is no need for a secondary if you have scavenger. I wouldn't say that you can go perkless b/c of how strong the attachments are, but if you had to choose which one to do without, the attachments would win hands down. They basically took previous perks and put them into attachments, ex. Steady aim aka laser sight; marksman aka target finder. This pretty much dumbs the game down though as people spend lots of time looking for large red diamonds on their screen. Hip firing has never been this easy to me lol. I don't really ADS unless I am at a stop in a sniping spot. Stock does not give you Stalker like movement (although seems like that's what they intended), kind of an upgrade from snail to turtle. Still slow enough for anyone with decent aim to drill you like crazy.

TLDR: Attachments play much too big of a part into the game play as you need too many attachments to maintain a level of gameplay that was previously possible. So now everyone just plays the same way, cookie cutter uninspired black and white uniforms of gameplay. Count the lasersight/silencer SMG combo's you see today and tell me that I'm lying.

Level 18

in reply to JSlayer211

JSlayer211 wrote:

This game is overly attachment happy imo. Instead of going overkill, you can have a much more potent gun in just adding one more attachment to it. Guns with 3 attachments are normally beastly and there is no need for a secondary if you have scavenger. I wouldn't say that you can go perkless b/c of how strong the attachments are, but if you had to choose which one to do without, the attachments would win hands down. They basically took previous perks and put them into attachments, ex. Steady aim aka laser sight; marksman aka target finder. This pretty much dumbs the game down though as people spend lots of time looking for large red diamonds on their screen. Hip firing has never been this easy to me lol. I don't really ADS unless I am at a stop in a sniping spot. Stock does not give you Stalker like movement (although seems like that's what they intended), kind of an upgrade from snail to turtle. Still slow enough for anyone with decent aim to drill you like crazy.

TLDR: Attachments play much too big of a part into the game play as you need too many attachments to maintain a level of gameplay that was previously possible. So now everyone just plays the same way, cookie cutter uninspired black and white uniforms of gameplay. Count the lasersight/silencer SMG combo's you see today and tell me that I'm lying.

I'm going to make a kit that just has scavenger, too. Three attachments with lethal/tactical plus a secondary = win.

RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

Without doubt, attachments are the most important part of your class. Here's why:

In Black Ops 2, you can break down the attachments into three categories:

FIRST - All the traditional attachments that you are used to having; things like a reflex sight, suppressor, and FMJ

SECOND - The attachments that represent traditional perks from previous games, like steady aim, sleight of hand, ad quickdraw

THIRD - All the new attachments that are apart of this game that haven't appeared in other games before; the Target Finger and the MMS for example.

In Black Ops 2, you aren't just using the traditional attachments that you loved in previous games. You are using traditional perks that are now attachments, as welll as some of the new ones that Treyarch  have thrown in.

For this reason, PRIMARY GUNFIGHTER = a must on all of my classes. I would go as far as to say that if you aren't using Primary Gunfighter you are probably doing it wrong!

Level 18

in reply to Tick7

These are all the attachments that reflect perks or proficiencies in previous CoD's afaik.

Ballistic CPU- Stability Proficiency

Adjustable Stock- Stalker Perk

Fast Mag- Sleight of Hand Perk

Full Metal Jacket- Impact Proficiency + Blind Eye Pro Perk + Damage Proficiency(? maybe/maybe not as I notice no reduction in kill time when I use FMJ)

Laser Sight- Steady Aim Perk

Long Barrel- Range Proficiency

Quickdraw Handle- Quickdraw Perk

Target Finder- Marksman Perk

Millimeter Scanner*- Portable Radar Tactical (Just added this one for giggles)

Level 18

in reply to JSlayer211

fmjs are for shooting through walls and score streaks....doesn't increase damage to player. Notice you can't use MMS with FMJ?

Level 6

Studios