BLOPS 2 or MW3

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: BLOPS 2 or MW3

in reply to LordPookums

MW3 , played and still do for me far better than Blops 2

Level 21

in reply to LordPookums

Honestly has to be MW3 i played a $hit ton of that game and always enjoyed it ! Had the odd lag spike etc but nothing compared to BO.2 and MW3s MATCHMAKING ACTUALLY WORKS !!! and i can stay in the same lobby all night ! I cant go 2/3 games on BO.2 without being kicked.

The graphics and the feel of the game feels the exact same but i will say BO.2 does have less BS in the actual game eg. Killstreaks ,Stealth bomber spam etc.

If BO.2 ran properly then YES it would be the better game but at the moment the connections seriously let it down !

Level 24

in reply to LordPookums

It's a real shame that connection issues alone will decide for many which has been the better game out of the two.

It would be interesting to see the result if the lag/lag comp/latency and matchmaking issues could be taken completely out of it but I guess it affects so much in both games it's just not possible.

Level 20

Indeed, it would be interesting.

It baffles me how this lag has developed overtime.

You would think if the lag system was working in earlier iterations, you would want to maintain the net code, and merely change the features. Only making small changes to the netcode where applicable, and always testing them.

It seems like they completely scrap matchmaking/smoothing tables for every game, and rework it per iteration. I am not sure why they are doing it.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it."

Yet, they do anyway.

Level 6

in reply to LordPookums

I think you answered your own question. I think with each release, they have added more, and therefore something else would suffer for additional features, because you can't send out the same game year after year.

Level 21
Highlighted

in reply to LordPookums

I appreciate MW3 more now after playing BO2. It has a lasting value factor for me that BO2 doesn't quite have. Close, but not quite. I think I just prefer IW games anyway, MW2 & 3 both have that 'it' factor, and I still find myself playing them. I've had zero interest in playing BO1 and haven't put it back in for many many months.

I also like the maps in MW3 better, mostly.

I think BO2 maps would be more fun if they hadn't gone all MLG/Head Glitch Ops with all the barrels boxes and half-height walls.

Level 9

in reply to LordPookums

MW3 all day long! Better maps, better character sprites, better weapon aresenal, better DLC (even with your peacekeeper you are 8 guns less than MW3 out of the box), better connectivity, better streak setups into classes with 3 variations to choose from, better weapon balance, better spawns, better clan ops/rewards, just everything fricken better. There was only one thing I disliked about MW3 and that would be the deathstreaks. Other than that, the game was great.

Level 18

in reply to LordPookums

I'm with you on about everything but weapon balance. I think it's a lot better in BO2.

Level 9

in reply to JBurn244

MSMC.. PDW. 90% of people use them two guns.. the guns are balanced in performace as such but the maps make them two weapons the best overall. In MW3 people used a much bigger variety of weapons.

Level 3

in reply to JBurn244

It's also easier to feign weapon balance when you lose 20% of the weapons. So balancing appears better, when in actuality it's not. There are CLEARLY best weapons in each category.

Shotguns: Remington

Pistols: B23R

AR: FAL

SMG: PDW

Sniper: Ballista

Saying it's balanced is kind of a discredit to balance imo. Balance would imply that picking the best gun is a difficult task, I did it in less than 5 seconds just now.

Level 18

Studios