Awareness the pointless perk

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Highlighted

Re: Awareness the pointless perk

This is my feeling, finished the challenge now dumped it and playing with Ghost <I know there were lots of complaints early on>. Only 3 perk challemges left to do <inc ghost>

Level 7

in reply to Mahburg1

Both sound based perks are wastes. I don't think I have one kill where I heard someone in this game.  Just a guess, but I can't imagine too many of my deaths were from my footsteps giving away my location.  Awareness kind of a camper perk anyway so doesn't bother me too much.

Atleast, finishing challenges for both is easy tho, just get kills with it equipped. Hardwired, the 3rd weakest perk was miserable. Had to have had this equipped for 3 prestiges trying to get 100 kills with cuav or emp avtive.  Would get so excited to we got emped despite it probably meant we were getting smoked.  My point is at least you can get back to useful perk 3 quickly and not waste your time with essentially one perk spot empty.

Level 2

in reply to Mahburg1

I definitely notice a difference, however, I can't localize the sound.  I hear someone coming, but it's still tough to tell which direction they're coming from.  Just my 2 cents.

Level 9

in reply to riffy08

it takes practice and memory of a previouse encounter.. best thing to do is if you do miss the location watch the kill cam, and when you hear that position again, youll have a better sense of direction

Level 15

in reply to Mahburg1

awareness with my astro's = you get prefired every time

Level 18

in reply to xmrythem

this is true

Level 15

in reply to Mahburg1

It really depends on how you've arranged your sound mixing.  I tried supercrunch but I found that it amplified too much of the wrong things and made it more difficult for me to distinguish footsteps than the original 3arch Premix.  So I went back to the premix and played around with those settings.  Now I can actually hear the footsteps (not as good as MW3 but workable).  You just need to play around with your settings but like I said, I found the default mix to be a good starting point.

Level 69

in reply to Mahburg1

I found it moderately useful when combined with Dead Silence, but it obviously doesn't work so well if your playstyle is to rush & flank. It works best if you're guarding an objective, or moving around between buildings, etc.

Level 4

in reply to Houdnik

i think of it like this

awareness is great for defenseive play

DS is great for offesive play

you would use DS if you find your playinga gainst people with awareness, however.. noon does, which makes the ds perk basically pointless

Level 15

in reply to Mahburg1

If the use of a perk requires the purchase of an additional piece of equipment outside of the game, it's safe to say it fails.

Level 18

Studios