Awareness the pointless perk

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Awareness the pointless perk

Ok been working with awareness <at about 450 kills with it>.

What an utter waste of time that perk is lol.

It gives zero improvement on game audio, tried with my x41's and my new Blackops Xrays on supercrunch, steaming pile of poo, sorry but there you go.

Dont waste the tokens unless you are wanting the calling card.

frankly I dont care if the devs dont want soundwhoring in the game, that would be fine, but dont give us a perk that suggests you will benefit when you really dont!

Flamesuit donned ready for the usual suspects

Mahburg1
22 REPLIES

Re: Awareness the pointless perk

in reply to Mahburg1

when I use awareness with my astros, I can hear you coming from a LONG distance off. The thing is, the perk doesnt just make footsetps louder. it makes EVERYTHING louder. gunfire, reloads, battlechat, explosions, climbing, falling. all of them are amplified. basically what happens a far bit of the time is that footsteps get drowned out by all the other noise. But this isnt a bad thing IMO, its far better then MW3's broken perk O doom. 

deamonomic
Highlighted

in reply to deamonomic

Sorry cant agree, I have dumped music, dropped, voicechat turned down announcers, I will give you if you turn it up on supercrunch to the point your ears may bleed, you can hear the footsteps right before they are on you, not enough time to respond if the game is lagging.

Maybe its better on Astros than TB <my mates have astros I will check with them>.

Mahburg1

in reply to Mahburg1

I Have TurtleBeach and i hear the footsteps pretty good.  I have def noticed a difference with awareness being on.

schlag2dash

in reply to deamonomic

He is just mad because he cant soundwhore like sitrep in MW3..

its fine, the perk works fine there is nothing wrong with it...

thetizzleguy

in reply to thetizzleguy

If you say so lol

You just won the interweb, you must be so chuffed

Mahburg1

in reply to deamonomic

IMO awareness is the best perk in the game!.. I love it.. i run with astros with dolby surround sound,a nd i have no pob hearing enemies..

I have awareness for every class.. I feel naked without it!

Err0r_6_

in reply to deamonomic

So it makes everything louder? I can make everything louder just by turning up the volume of my sound system. Is there a difference? Sorry but I never used the perk before.

Run_N_Gunning_C

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

i would say it makes things louder, but really it makes textures louder.. like youc an hear sand crunching, or you can hear an enemy walking on a metal bridge, things like that

Err0r_6_

in reply to Mahburg1

i agree. you actually can hear some footsteps. but they are so blended with everything else it's almost too late by the time you make the encounter. there is so much background noise in this game its actually kinda disgusting. first thing i did was ditch that garbage sound track and turn down the boomy voices. i also use dead silence. not so i can sneak up on my enemies, you already come with dead silence equiped by default lol, but so i dont hear my own stupid footsteps because any other sound in the game masks any attempt to hear enemy footsteps.

r33k

Studios