Awareness should be able to hear supressors / silencers

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Awareness should be able to hear supressors / silencers

Silencers were always extremly powerful and overused in any CoD, why not changing Awareness to the point where you can hear (soundwhore) players with silencers.

Make this change and Awareness will become a worth using perk.

Level 24
14 REPLIES

Re: Awareness should be able to hear supressors / silencers

in reply to FixBlops2

you can still hear silencers without awareness.... silencers don't completely remove the gun sound it just muffles it.

Level 18

in reply to parnezzi

Yeah if you're close by you have an engagement waiting for you.  Got some kills I wouldn't have got by just listening since I don't use Awareness or DS.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

do you use headsets, since i do and i can hear silencers across the map not saying much since the maps are small, but the problem is that my teammates use silencers and i have to constantly turn around to see if some little tryhard is behind me with a PDW or MSMC being a annoying douche

Level 18
Highlighted

in reply to parnezzi

Nah.  My Astro A40s hurt my ears a bit if I wear them for too much so I just use the naff 5 watt speakers my LCD TV have.  I'm thinking of wiring up my speaker system (Logitec 5500 or something) as that was for my desktop, which is being looked at by my uncle (it's self built and I've no idea what is wrong with it).

I use my Astro A40s when partied up though.  Got fed up with my TB X41s from eating batteries for breakfast.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

i use A50s and they just sit on your head instead of squeezing it, but i don't like that their only wireless.

Level 18

in reply to parnezzi

I know, but Awareness should increase the volume of the silencers or make it better to hear.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

but treyarch doesn't want you to use things that you can buy that give you an advantage, except for modded controllers (go figure) they want you to run around on 14 sensitvity doing constant 360s due to the spawn system and the lack of sound.

Level 18

in reply to FixBlops2

Suppressors suffer from a 30% range nerf for SMGs, ARs and LMGs.  That's probably enough tbh.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

with these small maps its hardly enough

Level 18

Studios