Assault Shield - Endless source of frustration.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Assault Shield - Endless source of frustration.

in reply to sneed867

its weak in everything else as well.. it is however better in bo2 than mw3.. you dont have to worry about your butt sticking out

Level 8

in reply to Durgenheim

I've tried it a few times and have never gotten a kill with it...

I wish you could use the right trigger to attack with it but instead that plants it so I always walk up to people and out of instinct hit the trigger and plant the shield in front of them...lol

Level 12

in reply to riksterinto

I hate this. I do the same thing

Level 20

in reply to Durgenheim

You will tend to lose the war on lag when using the riot shield because you are slower then most of your opposition.  Just a little more speed with the thing and you would be ok.

It is for this purpose that I don't bother using it to kill, but rather defend and distract.

Level 48

in reply to Durgenheim

Never really used it in bo2 to attack, it comes in great n demolition when planting or defusing and everyone is busy shooting your back while you get the plant.

Level 75

in reply to Durgenheim

I usually freeze enemies with a concussion or shock charge before attacking with the shield, or stumble them with explosives. It's really tough to get bashing kills in core; you have to use teammates for covering fire and steal their kill at the last second. Overkill and fast hands are also helpful. The melee system in this game sets you up to fail anyway, even with a ballistic knife you come up empty so often it's disgusting. The best thing you can do with an assault shield is set it down as a decoy for engineers and get away.

Level 10

in reply to Durgenheim

Got the shield diamond.

I only missed the a lunge every now and then.

Did'nt have much more problems then that.

Level 14

Studios