Assault Shield - Endless source of frustration.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Assault Shield - Endless source of frustration.

I'm sure there have been many threads about this, but I need to rant a bit.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the Assault Shield, it is one of my most-used setups, but there are some MAJOR issues with this "weapon" that need fixing.

First off, the hit detection/lunge with the shield's melee option is a complete and utter disgrace. Who is in charge of making sure this shit works properly? They should be beaten down by a horde of authentic, and very angry riot police on bath salts. How is it that I can lunge straight ahead towards an enemy while they are directly in the middle of my screen and the melee hit will not register? Even when I'm standing behind people and try to melee them, it will not always work, with most of my attempts sending me right into them and not regiestering a hit or boosting me through/around them only to end up getting shot or knifed from behind.

Additionally, I find it ludicrous that people can run up and thrust their knife DIRECTLY into the front of my shield and somehow their arm teletports through the solid metal/bulletproof glass barrier I am holding and slices me in the face and kills me. In what universe is that possible? Not to mention watching the killcams where morons with shotguns shoot directly into the center of my shield and I die instantly.

I understand in a lot of cases the lag and compensation for such can factor into me facing some weird geometry issues and such, but it seems like shield-bearers do not get the benefit of the doubt in any case.

Why the in the hell does this kind of tomfoolery continue to happen? I feel like since the shield is so marginalized, it receives no attention. If these issues affected a large portion of the community, they would be fixed immediately. Anyway, end of fucking rant. Does anyone agree in the slightest? :/

Durgenheim
16 REPLIES

Re: Assault Shield - Endless source of frustration...

in reply to Durgenheim

The Riot Shield and Tactical Insertion were both created when COD was at its lowest in terms of balance and thoughfullness.  Neither one was a good idea yet we still have them in COD.

iivrruummii

in reply to iivrruummii

I don't see any real feedback, but I'll respond to this; tactical insertion is a useless device, I still don't understand the purpose of it beyond boosting.

The Assault shield adds a unique element to the gameplay, I see it as refreshing aspect.

Durgenheim

in reply to Durgenheim

And I could see how it could possibly become overpowered, but it seems pretty marginalized and broken right now. There should be minor fixes to combat the ridiculous scenarios I outlined above.

Durgenheim
Highlighted

in reply to Durgenheim

sayign tac insert is useless goes to show how much outside TDM you play...zero

sneed867

in reply to Durgenheim

the riot sheild is a fun thing to use sometimes, but i dont use it to smack players with, im a flip up throw C4 or flip up and shoot my Kap40.. the tac insert is a cheap tactic in CTF

Err0r_6_Is_Back

in reply to Durgenheim

So if you thought there were many threads on this subject then why didnt you use the search feature

I have seen a lot of people that were good with the sheild but I would not use it unless it were a certain game mode.

starbuckfrack Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

Ready to Rumble.  Everyone only has a Riot shield only and they have to eliminate the other players.  Limited to 3 deaths.

iivrruummii

in reply to Durgenheim

just gotta find that sweet spot in the lunge. too close and you get nothin but air. it gets easier the more you use it. your brain will adapt and find that spot.

r33k

in reply to Durgenheim

the riot shield is pretty poor for defense. ive been shot through it multiple times, while crouched and 50 yards from a sniper, and also knifed directly through it. its pretty weak in BO2

sneed867

Studios