Are we being punished for having good internet?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Are we being punished for having good internet?

I've been discussing with my friends about the hit detection/in game connection issues and I've noticed that we all have above average connections. Friends that don't and have lower connection speeds seem to be fine. So I'm wondering if there's some sort of issue to do with this? I'd be interested to know if you guys have noticed that

Level 16
8 REPLIES

Re: Are we being punished for having good internet?

in reply to Steve2589

yes we are mate we pay for fibre optics cuz we sufferd bad lag with blops 1 only for the tramps with 1 bar to lag out everywhere but hav the advantage over you there should be a server for those with bad connections only and leave us with good connections be

Level 1

in reply to codyandpaste

If you have fiber bo2 is unplayable

Level 2

in reply to Steve2589

I have the same problem and it's driving me nuts. I'm empty my whole fucking clip at someone (no, I diden't miss him) as he turns and he sprays a couple of bullets back at me and I die. And on my killcam I haven't shot a single bullet! Fucking bullshit! I have 228 mbits down and around 100 mbits up.
And they fixed that hostproblem way to late on MW3, Treyarch better fix that soon!

Level 1

in reply to Neroic

Yep dude same and I'm on fibre optic connection 100mb download. It seems crazy how I can get the first 2 hits off yet I die

Level 16

in reply to Steve2589

I'm finding hosting unplayable at the moment.

I'm shooting full clips into players while they insta-kill me.The general gameplay is good but the connectivity is my major letdown at the moment.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

I am on a 50 down and 5 up, always had horrible time with MW3, But BO2 has been great for me so far.

I did put the search criteria on best though. If you ask me they still have yet to fix BW3, and this stands far apart from it.

Level 1

in reply to DimebagDaryl

Just curious, are you hosting?

Your download speed means nothing but your upload speed and ping is more important factor in host selection.

Level 51
Highlighted

in reply to Steve2589

I have an excellent connection and have not noticed an issues yet, played with the sniper for a bit and didn't get any hitmarkers. My KD is crap so far, but it has nothing to do with lag.

Level 5

Studios