Are there people out there who have no problems with this game?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Are there people out there who have no problems with this game?

in reply to BareMountain

I have near no issues with Black Ops II, my only problems have been slight lag this weekend, but I expected that with the ~600,000 people that joined in for the x2 XP weekend. Apart from that, I love the gameplay, has been an absolute blast, and I think that it is one of the best Call of Duty's yet. I applaud Treyarch for their work, but I do realise others have issues with the game. I have none, so I'm happy, but even if others have problems, there is no need to make hundreds of threads every day, swearing at Treyarch because they came across some unexpected difficulties. I would happily bet you $1,000 that Treyarch didn't shove the Lag in for a bit of challenge. Chances are they're trying now to fix it, and it has gotten better.

Just my views on it all.

Level 2

in reply to BareMountain

Yep v happy

Level 44

in reply to BareMountain

i dont have any problems playing and never had any problems on any other cod i have played cod since cod4 was on live and hear people every year say something about lag its always lag does anyone think it mite just be there not made for these games or u just dont want to face the truth someone can be better and faster than you and by the way all  my K/Ds are over 2.0 also used the same internet

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to BareMountain

I have the odd game where I have problems but for the most part this game runs fine for me.

And since I switched to Hardcore it runs even better.

Level 30

in reply to biron_w

There are problems which are to be expected in any online game, and there are tollerances. Lag is always an issue, but there is good and bad. If the lag is bad simply because you have horrible code. That is not exceptable. If it's just laggy because that's what happens sometimes. Don't complain. As far as this game goes. Lag is not unacceptable. People complain about lag all the time when it's not even the game that is the problem.

1. They have crappy internet, and don't even know it. Those stupid people who think that just because they pay for 40mbs internet that it actually means lag free. You can surf the internet great and download files fast.. but your ping and routing is crap. There are ISDN users out there that have better pings than these bandwidth whores.

2. People that have old hardware. Crappy 10 year old routers that cant keep up with all the activity of newer games. Buffer bloat scenarios. Your Netgear may have been great when Diablo 3 was out, but it sucks now and you need to get up with the times.

3. My favorite. WIRELESS USERS!!! Jesus Christ people.. no shit I was an Intel WiFi engineer for 2 years as one of my many jobs in the tech world. WiFi SUCKS! You can have the latest and greatest and it SUCKS. Yes, you can surf the web and watch movies, blah blah.. but WiFi is noisy, glitchy, crappy and just plain crap. There is no way to make WiFi not SUCK. You can make it suck less but it will always suck because there is TOO DAMN MUCH NOISE in the air.

I will say this.. I have played this game on the cleanest of fiber networks with my neighbor and his room mates less than a block away. There is no lag "built into" the game. The code is good. The problem is in everything else and there isn't much you can do about that.

Oh yea.. I will say that knifing sucks too

Level 5

in reply to BareMountain

I like to think that I have no problems that way I don't obsess over them and have them ruin my experience.

Level 47

in reply to BareMountain

Yeah I've seen a few people switch to H/C I wonder why lol but yeah this game does have matchmaking and lag problems ! Doesn't happen EVER game but I've had my fair share of rubber banding ,ghost players and just being a whole second behind every player !

Level 24

Studios