Anyone see a lil difference in Lag after the patch?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Anyone see a lil difference in Lag after the patch?

Is it just me or is there a lil bit of a difference in lag after the patch... I played about 10 games last night and didnt feel cheated as I usually do? I was winning gun battles a lot... or did I just switch to being on the good end of Lag compensation?

Level 1
12 REPLIES

Re: Anyone see a lil difference in Lag after the patch?

in reply to Vlad146

it's been the same ol hit or miss for me.  mostly miss.  though i haven't played a whole lot since the patch.  been back on bf since the new maps came out.  what a pleasure dedicated servers are!  still some lag but i don't feel constantly cheated.

Level 4

in reply to stinklemange

You really shouldn't comment on the performance if you haven't since the patch.  its like night and day difference, been running great all weekend.

Level 17

in reply to Vlad146

I've been hearing that they removed the skill search from public matchmaking so now it's just back to ping based.  I could be wrong and the connection could just be getting better now that more bad hosts are being blacklisted.

Level 25

in reply to asianman12

i have seen the patch.  i said i hadn't played a whole lot, but i've easily put in 5+ hours post patch.  And i've gotten mixed results as noted.

Level 4

in reply to asianman12

I don't think it was removed but the range was increased.  I saw somewhere they increase the range of skill for matching.

Level 17

in reply to Vlad146

I am still having the normal one hit death from pistols and frame rate decrease whenever in an engagement, so for me nothing has changed.

As far as the SBMM goes, we are still getting some good competitive games, so I don't think that feature was removed.

Level 48
Highlighted

in reply to otisman666
Level 32

in reply to Vlad146

Played saturday, my first day back in a week. Played 2 matches of FFA, typically the least laggy since there arent teams (less chance of groups of people being holst/long distance). Both matches were horribly laggy even though all of us in the lobby were full barrd. Then i joined a group of friends that were out of state and played some mosh pit and end up with zero lag the rest of the night mostly. I definitly got the good end playing with them. Lag is still there. Just find someone to play with that doest live close and youll get the good end of it.

Level 5

in reply to Vlad146

its a little better for me but as i have said before, still a little to much lag compensation sometimes.

Level 3

Studios