Anyone notice how many people are having connection issues the past few days

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Anyone notice how many people are having connection issues the past few days

TONS. I keep getting online, then booted out of the game telling me the black ops servers arent available........they obviously are I was just in the game. Or it takes me to a loading screen for 10 min.

THen I get probation warnings for things the servers did, all my ports are open, my modem is reset, my ISP is operational

Level 4
34 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Anyone notice how many people are having connection issues the past few days

in reply to funkyiceman1799

It could never be the game or infastructre, it has to be your connection.

Level 32

Re: Anyone notice how many people are having connection issues the past few days

Sorry to hear about your connection issue, Funkyiceman1799. Online services appear to be up and running http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/status  It looks like you have done some troubleshooting on your end. If you are on a wireless connection, for testing purposes can you try switching to a wired connection. Check to make sure any cables to your modem or router are not loose. Please let us know if you are still experiencing disconnects.

Additionally, you can reach us on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/l2qutd7 Twitterhttp://tinyurl.com/lsnntbp or our Support websitehttp://tinyurl.com/ka9vw6k  Thanks ^AH

Player Support

I've been having the exact same thing for a little over a week now, I just got my third 5 minute probation of the evening for "quitting legaue games early" but I didn't quit any of the three times. I was just suddenly dropped from the game with the message that the server at www.callofduty.com was temporarily unavailable and and to please try again later.

I was in an Xbox Live party and the game with a friend and she had the same thing happen to her three of the five times at the exact same instant, but in one of the games she was still in the game after I was dropped for about a minute and a half longer and then she said she had just gotten dropped as well (don't know about the other players) and in another game she was dropped about three minutes before I was. I know it wasn't our connections as we're in different states with totally different internet providers. Neither of us was disconnected from Xbox Live, our Xbox Live party, or any other internet related services.

This was happening to me on Black Ops II about a week and a half ago and it lasted into last weekend, then around Monday afternoon through Tuesday night it seemed to clear up a bit, then Wednesday couldn't get on the game at all for part of the day (seems a lot of people couldn't on Wednesday), then it was clear and worked ok until last night when I got dropped twice, and now on my fifth time tonight.

Black Ops II is the only game or program I have been having any problems with being randomly "dropped" from.

Level 13

This whole games sucks in terms of connection, team chat etc. And always "It is you connection" as an excuse. What a load of rubbish. Unlikely that 8 people in our clan have bad connections. Getting kicked randomly is almost part of the game, but the best thing is that Tryarch can't develop this properly and then you get a 5 minute probation on top. This game is a joke in terms of quality. Tryarch, get decent developers and try again. But hang on, you've got my money already, so who cares and maybe I've forgotten this pre-alpha game within the next two years.

Level 1

in reply to WalkingBug

I heard rumors that the new Ghost MAY have an actual dedicated game server or servers. Wouldn't that be sweet if it were true. If it is true I will definatally be buying it, if I knew 100% for sure it was true in advance I'd probably even pre-order it, but if it's not confirmed 100% or turns out not to be true then I will probably hold off and wait to see what people say about it. In the meantime I'm just trying to get my $110+tax out of it (game+season pass+two of the skin packs) and so far not really feeling like I'm getting my value back out of it after dealing with all the glytches and bugs and small maps and poor map and mode rotations and all the cheaters and glytchers they won't do anything about.

I have less money in Borderlands 2 and it kept me entertained from November through March without ever feeling like I was repeating the same thing over and over (even though you do repeat some things  you don't "feel" like your doing it because each time is totally different) the way I am already starting to in BO2, I mean I got my moneys worth out of that game. I've only had BO2 a few weeks and am already starting to feel as though it's way too repetative in a lot of places with too small of maps and too few weapons choices to play with and not nearly as customizable. Plus all the lags and bugs and glytches and the players who glytch or cheat or mod or boost and the ones who abandon games which is just atrocious on league play. I've had other games in the past that also kept me entertained for a much longer period than BO2 has before starting to feel repetative, though BL2 holds the all-time record. The company that makes Borderlands 2 is talking about bringing out a game like MW or BO or Halo with the large multiplayer gaming experiance as part of that franchize, if the makers of BO2 arn't careful the makers of BL2 will run over them like a kid with an LMG and a target finder and they'll have never seen it coming until it's too late. I could just imagine what map sizes, character choices and customizations, and all those thousands upon thousands of weapons like BL2 has would do to the market if they brought it into an online multiplayer game like this or Halo. Right now on BL2 you can't play against your friends or other teams, you can team up with up to 4, soon to be 6 people but it's against AI enemys but the rumor mill is that's gonna change when they release the next one. It's funny because in a single paragraph they first say that all the rumors about them making suh an online multiplayer game to compete with Halo and MW type online games are just rumors at this point, but then later in the same pargrah says "but if we did, we'd be using dedicated gaming servers setup by region with affiliate partners". Umm, ok, so deny the rumors but then point out how you'd do it if you were to do it?  Sounds like double-speak for "we're doing it, we just don't want anyone to know we're doing it" talk to me.

In the meantime I'm holding out hopes for Ghost. If they don't get another DLC out or add more maps into the gameplay rotation (especially on league play) I'm gonna be bored with this one and onto something else long before Ghost is due out at this rate though. I play leagues and keep getting the same three maps and two game modes over and over and over. Hardpoint or S&D on either express, raid, or standoff. It's like come on, put some other maps in the rotation, and why am I not seeing the other game modes more?  Out of 20 games tonight most was on express or raid with only a couple on standoff, I had 14 games of hardpoint, 4 games of S&D, and only 2 games of capture the flag. That's not a very even rotation.

Level 13

i tried to play a few rounds this morning the lag makes this game unplayable especially on the weekends. looks like time to play mw3 again , this game has runined me for cod, ghost no fkn way is going to be the same thing .

Level 1

EVen if it were ten thousand players having trouble connecting they would consider that a normal number. So whats you point. People have trouble connecting daily overall. You just notice it more because right now its you having trouble.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

i just cant understand how i went and played mw3 and the hit detection worked great. mw2 was pretty good . black ops 1 was great and cod4 and was good just lots of modders =( then i put in the newest game with 3x the player pool and get horrible lag, hit detection.it is the same game with the same engine (just tweeked) it just seems they have tried to work on everything at the expense of the fundamentals in a f.p.s - maps,spawns,hit detection. and im willing to bet ghost will be the s.o.s

Level 1

in reply to starbuckfrack

Well starbuckfrack my point is that its becoming a theme. Its the SAME connection problem that others are reporting. Its obviously not the ISP or my router. When multiple people start reporting the same problem, happening the exact same way its an issue. Especially from people that have been playing the game from the moment it was released until now with zero issues. Just thinking it may be worth looking into, not telling me everythings fine, and to reset my router, when its clearly not fine. Just my opinion.

Level 4

Studios