Anyone have some headshot tips?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Anyone have some headshot tips?

Whereas I am new to the forum, I want to get more topics that aren't people complaining about lag comp, campers, quickscopers, or what have you. I am interested in hearing some tips about how to get headshots as my goal is to get Diamond for all the guns. I am not normally good with getting them, normally I just use the gun until I get 100 headshots and go from there. I am not a sprayer (Average accuracy being 28%) but I find getting headshotting people to be difficult. My main cocern being SMGs, but I would like to keep this open to helping anyone.

Things I have found out:

Specifically with LMGs I realize that the Hybrid Optic's shorter distance scope is basically a reflex, however, if you look/shoot at the torso using the semi-ACOG portion and then switch to the Reflex-like sight it moves the point of fire upward, near the head.

Another thing, aim for "head glitchers" or "window campers" as all you can see is their head, a couple bursted (it IS possible to let go of the trigger, I promise) shots will earn that wonderful sound of earning a Headshot medal.

If you have any tips regarding getting headshots or concerns with specific weapons/types post here. Lets help each other out.

Level 1
25 REPLIES

Re: Anyone have some headshot tips?

in reply to TheFrozenFox

Instead of starting your shots low and moving up to the head, try to start just above the head and move lower. And using a forgrip always helps.

Level 22

in reply to Noob_Lyncher

I have found that Foregrips are worse with LMGs and provide the same accuracy boost as the Quickdraw Grip, without the bonus of QuickDraw, just a heads up.

Level 1

in reply to TheFrozenFox

Play hardcore. One-shot headshots with pretty much everything at a reasonable range. If that's not your cup of tea, then... Just keep doing what you're doing. It sounds like you're on the right track to me, as, that's exactly what I've been doing. At this point, I've got Diamond LMGs & ARs... So close to Diamond shottys, onto the M1216 finally.

I guess the next bit of advice is, aim for the upper chest/ neck. If they hit you with a bullet, your sight will usually bounce up into their head, resulting in a headshot. If they're oblivious to your presence, just aim for the head & fire off a burst or two. Should also result in a headshot.

Also, if you're going to stick to core, always use Toughness.. In my experience (more days than I'm willing to admit), toughness is a necessity in Core games.

Level 14

in reply to AudibleTuna

Those Diamond LMGs are awesome huh? Got mine last night. And that M1216 in Core was a nightmare.

Anyways I find Perk 2 to be the weakest category (have only ever used Fast Hands) so I will have to try Toughness.

However Fast Hands made me remember something else: Concussions and Shock Charges are your friends, people may hate you, but hey, a headshot is a headshot. Chuck it at them and aim for their helpless heads (or children as my phone wanted to autocorrect that to...)

Level 1

in reply to AudibleTuna

im with this guy thats what i do, and i have to do it again since Activision cant give me my stats and ranks back.

Level 1

in reply to TheFrozenFox

I find aiming at the head and firing helps.

Level 2

in reply to TheFrozenFox

Welcome to the forums man.

Once you work your way through the BS, I think you'll find that there are a number of mature people here willing to help.

As for headshots - mostly all non-SMG guns can get you headshots purely by aiming.

For headshots with SMGs though, the key is - laser sight attachment. Stick that on, and try and line up your laser with an enemy at the shoulders and above and hip fire. What you'll find is that once you start firing, you'll get headshots relatively easy.

With the laser increasing hipfire accuracy, you'll get plenty of shots on target. You'll also get one or two actual "head shots", which factored into the rest of the damage you are dealing, will result in a headshot kill.

Other than that - don't sweat it. I find that I did this with the PDW and MP7 to get them gold, but didn't bother with the rest of them; you'll get your headshots during the regular procession of the game just be patient. If you can't be patient, then slap on the laser sight and go for the headshot hipfire (easier to do than the ADS head shot because the recoil).

Level 18
Highlighted

in reply to TheFrozenFox

I've been trying to unlock Diamond for the SMG's, so I have some recent experience.  I find that suppressor + laser sight is the way to go.  Because of the minimal recoil, I find that sweeping back and forth at head level can yield headshots at will.  Also, I play Demolition so I'll usually get at least two easy headshots per game on enemies planting or defusing the bomb.  I was wrapping up my MSMC headshots yesterday and lucked into a 12 headshot game.

Level 13

in reply to TheFrozenFox

Laser sight and hip fire at enemies heads.

You'll lose more gunfights, but go way up in the headshot count.

Level 4

Studios