Any one else think the new maps are super fun

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Highlighted

Re: Any one else think the new maps are super fun

in reply to Restore_Hardcore

I'm just going to keep tweeting Vahn and Treyarch about the matter.

At the moment it feels like I wasted 1200 MS points.

Level 30

in reply to biron_w

Ummm all I play is HCKC and all the new maps come up quite frequently.. I don't know why they aren't for you...

But, back to the point of the post, THESE MAPS AND DLC ARE AMAZING!!! Very well designed!! The peacekeeper is easily my new favorite gun as well!!

Level 4

in reply to biron_w

i have played them all in HC KC. synopsis:

Hydro: basic end to end spawns that flip with the occasional side to side. middle section gets a lot of heat and you can easily stand in the walk overs to take people out. its very grey and a thermal or TF are the best on this map. there are a few areas where you can stay hidden that ruin the enemy spawn. i found it to be too flat. it got boring after about 3 times of playing it.

Mirage: spawn points seem to rotate more clockwise on this map. it can get really confusing and sometimes frustrating(the first few times you play it). IMO best map out of the pack. lots of little nooks and places for you to suprise people from. flow is moderate but exciting.

Grind: end to end spawns for the most part with slight variation. side running areas seem to get the most action on this map. middle is a straight shoot from one side to the other with a few windows. a dangerous place. you can still peek around the rounded edges. overall feel, color and lighting reminds me of stadium.

Downhill: end to end spawns with slight variation. long streches of open space where very little battle seems to take place. most gun fighting seems to be centered inside either the end buildings or around the lift building. again, i got bored of this map rather fast.

overall i'd say these maps score a 7/10. original maps being about 5/10.

Level 18

in reply to Cheezbrger

"Super fun"? Have I just travelled back in time to a girls' school in 1930's England?

Level 10

in reply to DR65DR1

That would be super fun...

Level 9

in reply to Cheezbrger

Great additions with the new maps and the peacemaker gun, should keep us busy for a while longer.  Smiley Happy

Level 1

in reply to Cheezbrger

I only got to play for a little bit yesterday, but the new maps do truly look awesome. Someone help me out though. Is it possible to play just Kill confirmed. with the new maps? It is usually all I play. If so, how do you get to it?

Level 1

in reply to Sinister77

This may not end up being your experience but when I played in the mosh-pit playlist last night KC seemed to be quite common.

Level 14

in reply to Cheezbrger

Totally... and not just the level of fun but the obvious talent that has gone into making them, the detail is outstanding. I also like what they have done with the Domination locations, making them more spread out has really improved on the way the game-type is played.

Level 14

in reply to Cheezbrger

Well I am on my third time downloading the new map pack. First time all the maps froze loading to actual game. Second time they were fine, and today I play grind and it works, and then Hydro comes up and freezes. So right now I am just a tad bit pissed off. I am downloading map pack for the 3rd time as I type. It takes damn near a hour, and to be quite honest with you. The maps are alright in my opinion, but same as every map. Right,Left,Middle.

It is amazing they cant make some bigger maps with some different set up. Just seems all maps are designed this way. Anyways, I am just a little pissed about this being the third time I have to download this damn map pack.

Level 9

Studios