Any love for the flak jacket?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Any love for the flak jacket?

Started using flak jack recently and I gotta say, finally! Someone that truly countres explosives.

So next time your getting pissed and that johnny tossing c4's, or lobbing war machine grenades, suit this up.

I tested it out. Someone with flak jack is invulnerable to 2 weaker explosives. Takes 3 war machine nades, 3 c4's, other equipment etc.

I've even surived hunter killer's most of the time, and if you are on the outside of let's say a lightning strike, you can survive.

Level 6
25 REPLIES

Re: Any love for the flak jacket?

in reply to Vekta671

I use Flak Jacket all the time.. It's not that good. I can sponge frags yea, but C4 gets me in one go, as does Lightning Strikes and Hunter Killers. War machine is three grenades though.

Level 11

in reply to iKushtyy

you can survive lightning strikes, i been there myself, but like he says you need to be at the outer side of the explosion, offcourse you won't survive a near direct impact from them

and hunter killers are exactly the same, everything for that matter, offcourse it won't save you from some things if you're almost on top of it/it lands almost on top of you

Level 8

in reply to Vekta671

I generally use it with objective classes with Tactical Mask. It's not perfect, but Ghost does nothing for you when you're hovering around a hardpoint and stuns and nades are flying in. Alot of headless chickens won't expect you to be ADS on them when they rush in.

Level 1

in reply to Vekta671

Flack jacket is a bit weird.

You can die from a hunter killer but survive an rpg in the face (direct impact)

It's a good perk but not always reliable.

Level 14
Highlighted

in reply to Vekta671

I run it on all my smg and shotgun classes.  Run lightweight, flat jacket, scavengar, dexterity,  and tac mask.

Level 6

in reply to Vekta671

I use flak jacket a lot as well. Since my main game mode is domination in even used a perm unlock on it even though its unlocked at 33. Its just that useful in dom games.  When trying to cap B flag you can expect a barrage of enemy nades landing near you and flak is the only thing that will keep you alive long enough to get the cap.

Level 8

in reply to rdnsnow

Sometimes it's preferable to unlock something that's not at the very high end of unlocks.  I unlocked Flak Jacket for my third perma unlock token.  And it has been worth it as I sometimes play Demoltion and Headquarters.  Helps me get a few capture kills with my LMG and then I'm near a VSAT.

Level 31

in reply to Vekta671

Flak jacket is a true life saver but it has some very wierd properties to it. You can literally sit ontop of a frag grenade and not die but if you try to rethrow it and it explodes in your hand you are dead. I don't get that. Also flak jacket alone will let you survive a RPG hit, yet if you have assault shield on it will kill you if direct impact. That makes absolutely no sense to me. If anything assault shield + flak jacket should be dam near no damage at all from RPG, but it doesn't work like that.

Level 18

in reply to JSlayer211

Totally agree that it is kinda quirky. I think its so its not too op. For example, it will protect you from the nade blast, but when you try to throw it back it will kill you. Thats probably because thats what fast hands is for. I know it doesnt make sense, but im sure they made it so it doesnt do what other perks are already supposed to do.

Level 8

Studios