Another year of objectives, another year of players not playing objectives... *sigh*

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Another year of objectives, another year of players not playing objectives... *sigh*

I dont know what i like more:

When hardpoint starts and my team full of snipers all run the opposite direction of the HP

or

When im in a game of Dom and i lose 200-36 to see 2-3 people on my team with no captures (I mean... to not take a/c and have at least 2 caps is downright insulting isnt it?)

I really wish there was a way to weed out non-objective players from objective games... I thought score streaks would help... It didnt.  I dont see how you could code in any type of incentive to play objectives without alienating player who are just bad at the game mode though.

I dont see how to fix it... In theory, if you have a team of 6 guys, you may want some non objective players rushing and surpressing... but in a random Pub match it, once again, is making many of the games lopsided and simply not fun.

Its too bad.

Level 2
16 REPLIES

Re: Another year of objectives, another year of players not playing objectives... *sigh*

in reply to Psu711

there's no way to fix it.  people are just degenerates. 

Level 4

Re: Another year of objectives, another year of players not playing objectives... *sigh*

in reply to Psu711

Scorestreaks did help, but that was about all the developers could do

Level 3

in reply to Woogs89

I guess one suggestion to the devs would be:

Now that we have "skill based match making", extend the concept to objectives.

After each game rate each person on the percentage of caps/defends they had from their team's total (so winning/losing wont have any effect...)

Over time, players who constantly participate in objectives will have a higher rating and be able to be matched up with similar play styles?

Level 2

in reply to Psu711

Join  a clan with like minded people who go for objectives, stop playing with randoms

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to Psu711

There will always be scrubs, only way to avoid it is not playing with randoms, get guys together to play the correct way. Send me a pm if you're interested to get dom players together..

Level 32

in reply to Psu711

I was playing Dom on Combat Training and I notice that a lot of players are not even trying to cap. They are just trying to get kills like it's TDM and they're not even good at it and still end up negative.

I think it would help if you're playing Dom for the first time, they will force you to watch a mandatory tutorial video on the objectives of the game. Make Dom available only after watching the video.

Level 35

in reply to Psu711

I play Domination mostly so I can understand your frustration.  However, it is important to clear an area of hostiles before you go for a flag now and again... you know, just in the off chance they want to pick you off while capturing a flag or two.  But again, I get what you are saying, just not a lot you can do about it.

Level 3

in reply to Psu711

I really don't get posts that complain about people not going for the objective.  At its core this game and all of its game modes are about getting kills.  Getting more kills than your opponent is always the most important part of each and every game mode. 

The people who are playing the objective are not playing the game properly.  You should always be playing to control the map, controlling the objective will fall out as a natural consequence to your team controlling the map. 

If you can't capture the objective when all of your teammates are slaying than something is not right.  If your teammates are going for kills than there should be no one near the objective to oppose you. 

You are actually complaining about teamwork and communication.

Do you know why I never have to worry about an objective?  Because I have teammates that take care of that. 

Do you know why they don't have to worry about fighting off 6 guys at once?  That's right we have people slaying to control the map so our people on the objective only have to deal with 1v1 battles. 

This is all predetermined.  I know who is running a flag, defending a flag, or going to slay to keep the masses away from the people who are playing the objective. 

If you don't like this part of the game then you need to take the initiative to seek out a clan/social group of gamers that you want to play online with.  It makes all the difference in the world. 

Level 6

in reply to MrJDubbs11

I completely disagree. Slaying is not the most important part of every gamemode. I have won MANY objective gamemode matches where every player on my team was negative.

Level 16

Studios