An unpopular move by Treyarch.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: An unpopular move by Treyarch.

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Seriously hope you are right.

Level 2

in reply to MerryDeath04

WOW, dumbest representative I've ever dealt with. "We intended to give the map away at launch,  there was never anything stating it would be pre-order bonus only." So I guess the waves of bonuses didn't matter.
2 hours of my life wasted.

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to MerryDeath04

We never close.  We NEVER close.  WE NEVER CLOSE

I can see why theyd want to for purposes of exp farming, but what does "We never close" mean to you all?  How can they not stick to their guns and keep their word on that?  Just because things go a way they didnt intend, they are justified in taking it out completely like that?  What can we believe out of their mouths now? 

I was raised to never contradict my words with my actions.  Treyarch should pay a price for lying, plain and simple.  I know this kind of thing happens all the time in the business world, but to be so blatant and shameless from a company I thought had some integrity disgusts me.

Level 17

in reply to MerryDeath04

I pre-ordered the game at no extra cost to myself, got exclusive access a map for free as a pre-order bonus, no-where did it say I would be able to play the map 24/7, 365 days a year indefinitely. Infact, I'm sure if I read the EULA/TOS it would mention somewhere that Treyarch/Acti can change the multiplayer experience as they see fit, I also accepted this EULA by playing the game. I want to play the same map over and over again, waaaaaahhhhhh.

Level 4

in reply to MerryDeath04

They should just put it into the normal rotation so people can get a chance to play it on the game mode of their choosing. The moshpit thing is stupid, let people decide on their own what mode they want to play. The majority of people have the map anyway, so it would come up regularly. If for some reason someone in the lobby didn't, it would just do what it normally does with DLC content, and not have that come up in the rotation until the player without it leaves the lobby. (Sounds like an issue on the surface, but it has worked pretty flawlessly with all the DLC / map pack content in the past games)

By the way, to whoever said it, bringing up suing is not childish. It's actually very real and very much a serious adult matter, which COULD potentially be a HUGE issue for Treyarch. Why do you think they tucked tail like little pussies (which they are) after they realized the backlash from the community? There's a lot of lawyers that would jump at a huge multi-million dollar opportunity like Treyarch POTENTIALLY misleading and falsely advertising a product (Nuketown 2025) that comes with a game based on certain criteria (a pre-order), which is the sole basis that many people pre-ordered on. I'm not saying it's a guaranteed win or anything as there's obviously a lot of legal details and spins with the fine print we never read, the agreements we accept, etc.... I'm just saying the legal system can spin things a lot of ways even with agreements that the company forces every customer to sign (knowingly or not). I guarantee you fears of legal action were one of the things that caused them to put it back into the multiplayer in some form in order to cover their asses and try to quiet those threats.

Those of you bringing up that Nuketown 2025 is why you pre-ordered the Hardened Edition, just wanted to clarify for you that Nuketown 2025 had NOTHING to do with an exclusive offer on the Hardened Edition. The only additional Nuketown variant that was exclusive to the HE was Nuketown ZOMBIES. Obviously this created confusion for some with two "Nuketown" titles in the exclusive offers, so you had to make sure you read the product description correctly. Nuketown 2025 was for ALL pre-orders of ANY edition.

Long story short, Treyarch are making their lives harder by not just putting 2025 into the normal rotation for all playlists. If the problem with 24/7 was the "Boost Like" experience you got from the map being so much smaller causing more kills, experience, streaks, etc... then they should just come right out and say that to the community. Tell people the data was indicating people were ranking up way faster than they intended by ONLY playing Nuketown, tell them you didn't expect that and you don't want it that way, and then put into normal rotation. Problem solved....... I think.

Level 2

in reply to MerryDeath04

I hope somebody does sue Treyarch. For the past 6 months all you ever heard was Nuketown 2025 hype. Even on the back of my game case it says "NUKETOWN 2025 MAP INCLUDED." This is false advertising by Treyarch.

I have lost all respect for Treyarch. At this point I don't even care if they put nuketown back or not. The damage is done. I will never purchase another game from this company nor any of their DLC or season pass.

I really hope people realize that they were lied to by Treyarch and stop supporting this company and their garbage products.

Level 1

in reply to beauW1

Not false advertising:

They said you get nuketown for free...

you have nuketown

I wil repeat you have nuketown.

You do NOT have nuketown in the playlist you want

they never said they would give you that

You do NOT have nuketown on toast with beans

They never said they would give you that

YOU DO HAVE NUKETOWN

YOU DO HAVE NUKETOWN

YOU DO HAVE NUKETOWN

Level 2

in reply to LeoWolf

Agreed!  Close this tread and every other nuketown thread.

Level 3

in reply to MerryDeath04

dont you guys realise, its not treyarch its activision. they probably noticed how quicky people were leveling up and took away nuketown so people would play longer and not get to the max level in like a week

Level 1

in reply to MerryDeath04

They clearly said before wave 3 was released that everyone would be getting nuketown 2025 for free with a pre-order of any kind. also it isn't taken out it is just in another playlist.

Level 1

Studios