Almost all stats mean nothing.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Almost all stats mean nothing.

in reply to CowboySr

The only stat that means something is winning.  I am tired of people dashboarding on me to protect there precious 1.2 K/D.

Level 16

in reply to RallyOrDie

Well actually it doesnt as people that play with a team of 6 good players ar going to have a much higher win ratio then the guy that goes solo with randoms who suck.  I would just say that stats are misleading, but people arent bragging about them here, so who cares.

Level 34

in reply to CowboySr

Teams will always be better than playing solo.  Stats are not always misleading.  You can tell who the real team players are and who the K/D and stat junkies are.

Level 16

in reply to RallyOrDie

I didnt say they were always misleading, but much of the time they are.  I'll be more specific:

K/D is a good stat for TDM and SnD. A better stat would be +/- as technically someone could go 2-1 every round hiding  and only be +/- 1 and not as helpful as someone thats5-3 and therefore +2. SPM means nothing in TDM.

SPM can mean something in objective modes like domination, but if that guy is 30-50 hes given 50 deaths to killstreaks for the opposite team which might have lost it for his team. On the flip side the guy who sat there defending A might go 17-2 and have a low SPM but because hes killing people out of the defend range his SPM is low, but he may have won it for his team by not letting the other team take a flag.

A person who plays with 6 members will have a 70-80% win rate or higher, but does it mean a whole lot since the odds are always in their favor? On the flip side someone that has a high SPM or K/D that plays solo may have a low win% because this game matchmakes and puts the worst players with the best on the same team so the games are as close as possible.  Does this mean his low win % means he sucks? No because its rigged to work out that way.

The fact the matchmaking is skill based basically wipes out most legit theorys on stats and their meanings as better players are being matched with better players watering down stats, and bad players are being matched with bad players more regularly , boosting up their stats.

Thats why I say theyre misleading. There are just too many factors to pigeonhole a players skill.

Level 34
Highlighted

in reply to RallyOrDie

You realise that even if you join a losing match that cannot be overturned via spectator mode you are given the loss regardless?

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

I don't join in progress so I don't have to worry about that.  Join in session should not even be a thing.  It just ruins the experience for those that join the game and are forced to play a lost game.

Level 16

in reply to RallyOrDie

I think it's the heirarchy of needs.  You can care about stats when you feel your gameplay is fair and even.  But not until those first basic functions are taken care of.  Back in MW3 I cared about my K/D and win/loss because I thought I was getting fair games and it was an accurate representation of my abilities.

But with BO2 I've consistently played at a disadvantage with the amount of lag I receive I no longer care about any stat and am just trying to get into a decent game where I'm not being punished so severely being behind all the other players.  In BO2 my only concern is getting decent gameplay, which is few and far between.

Level 11

in reply to SheSaidNo

I think the lag is quite good in this game compared to MW3.  I disabled the theater and many other functions and it helped out alot.

Level 16

in reply to RallyOrDie

At the moment MW3 plays significantly better.  But at this time last year, MW3 played just as crappy as BO2 does for me now.  The only difference is MW3 had ups and downs.  One day I'd have good games and the other day it would totally suck.  For BO2 they've consistently been bad.  The only day I had fair games in BO2 was when I had to download 30 gigs worth of files. 

Level 11

in reply to RallyOrDie

Everyone looks at stats differently. W/L means nothing to me personally, it doesn't indicate anything.  Nothing will ever change that. In this game SPM means more to me since I play HCKC exclusively.

Level 25

Studios