Activision release statement re the lag:

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Activision release statement re the lag:

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Lag-Occurs-in-Multiplayer-Game

I'm hoping someone tech savvy might disect this and let us know what it really means, etc.

Level 9
23 REPLIES

Re: Activision release statement re the lag:

in reply to y0ssar1an22

O...so its all our end?...its all the users fault?...no fix incoming...awesome!

Level 4

in reply to y0ssar1an22

Don't worry, maccabi will jump on it really fast.

Level 2

in reply to MrxBurrito

I hit "No" regarding the article's helpfullness and left this feed back as asked:

Address the software upgrade on YOUR side that will make matchmaking more sensible-or do I need to KEEP playing French Canadians and Hawaiians?

Level 54

in reply to Cable991

That article is as old as fuck. And it is released whenever people complaint. Actually if have ever submitted a support ticket with them about lag, that is the same canned response you would get. This is the same script they have been using for years.

Level 2

in reply to y0ssar1an22

Really activision? So its our fault?

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to y0ssar1an22

Users problem, which means they aren't going to fix anything, we're stuck with it.

Level 32

in reply to y0ssar1an22

That seems like a lot of things to do,what about those of us that are not so up on all this tech stuff,

Level 21

in reply to y0ssar1an22

The only way to get rid of most of the lag is to slow the game down.  You can't have these lightweight SMG setups that fly all over the place with laser tight hipfire spreads.  COD4 had lag, yes it did.  I remember all of the same problems from then and now.  In that game you could get .5 seconds behind someone and the kill cams never matched up with what you saw.  But it still wasn't as bad then because that game didn't have lightweight or quickdraw so things took longer to do.  It also felt that player movement was a bit slower.  So if you want someone to blame for the lag, blame all the people that insist you must have a super fast paced non-stop action extravaganza that would make the cast of the Expendables cream in their pants. 

Level 7

in reply to playthegameprop

i have been saying this for a while now.  We have a game that just has way too quick of kill times.  If you had an extra moment to react then you could try and turn the tides on certain gun battles.  But SMGs kill so damn fast. 

Level 25

Studios